Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Production Timeline? and a general welcome!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm fairly new to this project, and so I just want to say "hi" to everyone in this project. So i've been prowling the forums learn more about the project, but I have not been able to figure out what kind of timeline this mod will be running, as in, how long are we looking to take on this?

I know that nothing can be exact, and I know that as a basis, the longer you work on something, the better it will get, but what is the estimated time that we are guessing we will have an up and running Silgrad Tower mod working. I know that there will always be revisions, and updates but what are we aiming for for the initial release?

It seems everyone is very lax about deadlines around here, which is GREAT becasue it allows modders to really detail their mods. So far everyone and everything on this modding team has been great, and I, as a new comer, look forward to working with others here to create a great mod.
Hi there Masbeth, welcome to the team. :banana: :banana: :banana: Can't say to much about deadlines. I know the Skyrim team is releasing their mod in chapters, so you get a little bit of the mod every couple months or so, and the Vvardenfell team is putting together a teaser that will have items that will be featured in their mod for sale in a store.
Quote:Originally posted by masbeth
I'm fairly new to this project, and so I just want to say "hi" to everyone in this project. So i've been prowling the forums learn more about the project, but I have not been able to figure out what kind of timeline this mod will be running, as in, how long are we looking to take on this?

I know that nothing can be exact, and I know that as a basis, the longer you work on something, the better it will get, but what is the estimated time that we are guessing we will have an up and running Silgrad Tower mod working. I know that there will always be revisions, and updates but what are we aiming for for the initial release?

It seems everyone is very lax about deadlines around here, which is GREAT becasue it allows modders to really detail their mods. So far everyone and everything on this modding team has been great, and I, as a new comer, look forward to working with others here to create a great mod.

Hello (officially) and welcome aboard!
:wave:

We're different than most mods and mod teams in that we don't have any fixed goal on the horizon when we can say our mod is finished. If we didn't have compasses to go by I imagine we would drift aimlessly and chaotically, but we do - we have the old mod, to serve both as an inspiration and learning experience. Because we've been around for about 3? years you'll probably not see very many discussions around central plans for the Silgrad Tower mod because, well, we've decided a lot of it already in the years before and us "oldies" remember how it was and how we would like it to be again Big Grin

While there isn't any serious deadlines on the horizon I hope modders who've taken a claim in for instance Reich Parkeep check in now and then and let us know how their progress goes. As long as they're active and report on their progress now and then they won't run the risk of losing a claim, but if someone for instance stays away for two months without letting anyone know why and doesn't communicate any developments then odds are that we'll assess that they lost interest and moved on to other things, and then the claim can be opened up for someone else to take it. It's happened now and then when we modded on the old mod, but I hope it won't happen very often in the future.

If the old mod is anything to go by, it's hard to draw a line when the mod can be seen as playable or not. But once we have a bunch of quests added and free of bugs I think we can start advertising it towards players as something that's worth their time. Smile