Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Tower for Morrowind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has this mod been abandoned? I recently reinstalled Morrowind and I'm getting a bunch of mods downloaded and installed before I start a new character. I did a search on the official boards for this mod and saw that there's still a lot of bugs in the latest release. Searching here turns up nothing for the Morrowind version of the mod. I really don't want to install this mod if it's no longer going to be supported.
Quote:Originally posted by Siio
Has this mod been abandoned? I recently reinstalled Morrowind and I'm getting a bunch of mods downloaded and installed before I start a new character. I did a search on the official boards for this mod and saw that there's still a lot of bugs in the latest release. Searching here turns up nothing for the Morrowind version of the mod. I really don't want to install this mod if it's no longer going to be supported.

We had a short burst of modding in the summer months of 2005, but apart from that brief period, you could say that the development on the TES3 mod stopped in September 2004. The focus for our team throughout most of 2005 and early 2006 was pre-work in various departments that would help us when we started working on the Oblivion mod, and that focus has really paid off in that we have a large selection of models and other assets we're bringing into the mod.

I would say that the TES3 mod is still enjoyable to play despite it's problems, and a lot of folks have had fun playing it over the years, and we plan to continue supporting it in the sense that it can be downloaded from our site and that we can answer questions about it for as long as we remember the answers. But actually working on it would be a waste of time in my humble opinion. It remains a valuable source of information and inspiration to us as we develop the Oblivion mod.
Aaaaargh, while I was writing this I wuz gazumped by a power that be! Even so, maybe the modder who asked for the edit to his quest will manage to get it into the download anyhows. Confusedhrug:

I have heard a little rumour that there is another update to be released, but you will have to wait for the 'powers that deal with such things' to pronounce.

Well I edited a document for a modder who wanted it for a new ST release, and I was very pleased with the final form of my edit, but I cannot say what was done with it after it left my hands...

What I have been doing is I loaded and took an early char over there to have a look see, and then saved that separately so that I can use that char to explore a bit.

Meanwhile my 'serious' character is developing in non ST locations without going near ST locations, so that my character's developement is not affected by what I loaded - hopefully... :O but I think that will work because the read me says that ST is a download for chars at all levels! Smile Which implies that you can develope a character before loading ST, right?

I have done it this way because I want a balanced higher level char who has reached a specific point in the Morrowind MQ and Guilds before I really get involved in the ST quests so that I get a real feel for the potential of ST, aaand RPK aaand Blacklight.

Must say that I have not considered other kinds of mods because I remain unconvinced that their creators really have the 'feel' of Elder Scrolls in mind when they do them. :explained:

...and so yeah, I am partly holding out because I think there might be a further update to the TES 3 Silgrad Tower in the works. Let's hope patience pays off.
Quote:Must say that I have not considered other kinds of mods because I remain unconvinced that their creators really have the 'feel' of Elder Scrolls in mind when they do them.

That's my problem as well. Well that and ever mod I've tried has had some type of problem that I had to go in and fix myself... this one included. I went in and made it so every NPC that you talk to about latest rumors doesn't say the same rumor over and over. All I did was set it to be added to the players jorunal the first time you hear/ask someone about rumors then made it so the chance to hear the rumor again was only 5%.

Anyways, I went ahead and installed it and I gotta say it's been fun so far. It's a real shame though that it will never be finished. I would have loved to see this mod in it's final form. Yes, I know you guys are remaking it for Oblivion.. but I really didn't enjoy Oblivion at all. Played it for 40 hours and got bored. I ended up returning it a few days after I got it and rebought Morrowind GOTY.
oooooKKKKKaaaaayYYY now you just gotta join our team!

If you can do smart tweaks so casually we-want-you-onboard - so I do not think that anyone is going to prevent you from going through the TES 3 version, checking and correcting as you go. If you can create a substantial enough body of tweaks, then I promises to pester Razorthingy to do another upgrade! After all he did not forbid anyone from workin on it, he just said that he does not plan to do anything on it. Smile

Just remember to keep a record of the precise commands that you use. And where and when, etc - you know...

And o' course when you have done there, come on over to Oblivion!

p.s. check in with Lit Dev to see some of the forthcoming ST 'books'
Raggidman's referring to me about the document.

My computer's harddrive was wiped out, so I've been restoring some missing files that have to do with my add-on, then Ill send it
Ahh, yer Harikariness, we awaits yer add-on wiv great expecterations! Big Grin heh, bet you never new as wot I cood writ looong wordies?

anyhows, siio, join our club! Big Grin
Well, myself and Sandor (who has been a huge help lately!!!!!) has been putting up new areas of the Morrowind version of Blacklight so you will still see more of that work being put up. So you will be seeing new versions of Morrowind:Blacklight as well as Oblivion:Blacklight. Smile
Cool :goodjob:
Maybe this is the thread to do what I was thinking of. I've had MW for years but only installed it in Feb. After that I went absolutely crazy and spent way too much time burning through it, Tribunal & Bloodmoon. Then I started looking at mods and did Firemoth, Master Index, and Emma's Lost Heir. After the inevitable dalliance with Labria :bananarock:, I discovered ST. I love the scope of it and ST itself is great; makes Balmora look like Gnaar Mok.-)

Then you wander in the countryside. A bit of a letdown. Having read the history of the mod in this forum, I understand why so many caves, shrines and the like are incomplete, but still a bit of a bummer. So what I was wondering if someone had a list of what was incomplete or buggy in ST:MW, so those of us not yet on track to Oblivion can know which sites to avoid (Nohrgirm, anyone?) and maybe fix some things if possible. I could see this being a pinned, spoilered thread, but I've been a member less than 30 minutes, so that is for others to decide. Here's some I've discovered:

An infinite loop when trying to free slaves,
Always dying at the bank,
A pretty lady keeps giving you her ring,
Everyone thinking the Hlaalu Grandmaster is Redoran.-)

Thanks,
Steve