Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Retexturing Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was feeling kind of bored with Oblivion the other day so I decided to play around with the files and try some retextures. I downloaded the BSA unpacker, but when I tried to start it, it appeared on the screen for a split second and then exited. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you need the BSA unpacker, or does it work to retexture an existing armor mod? Also where can Nifskope be downloaded, and what is a good free texturing program?
You have to run it from DOS prompt.
yah..theres a whole tutorial on some forum....

if i find it ill post, but you basically run it through DOS... if u don't know how to do it, search fora tutorial...

its easy once you understand how, but I always have to refer to the tutorial, becasue I don't remeber the exact things you have to type.. but basically

open command prompt through the run thing "cmd"

and then cd until you get to where your BSA extracter is, and than read the readme for more info

sorry i can't give more specific details, but im not on my home computer
Start > Run... > cmd

Type:

C:\folder\folder\folder containing files

Type:

tes4bsa unpack "bsafilename.bsa"

Make sure that you're .bsa file is in the same folder as the tes4bsa unpacker. There should be a readme file that came with it. It kind of confused me on what exactly to type, but it has all the info you really need. Make sure you also get NifSkope.
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
I was feeling kind of bored with Oblivion the other day so I decided to play around with the files and try some retextures. I downloaded the BSA unpacker, but when I tried to start it, it appeared on the screen for a split second and then exited. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you need the BSA unpacker, or does it work to retexture an existing armor mod? Also where can Nifskope be downloaded, and what is a good free texturing program?

[OBLIVION/MODDING] Unpacking .bsa archives
Thank you so much guys, the help is greatly appreciated.