Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Telvani Economic Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was thinking about the Mushroom forests and the theoretical spiders that Cryonaut was possibly going to make for them, and it occurred to me that perhaps there is a reason that the Telvani congregate in the Mushroom areas. Would it be possible that the silk produced by the Mushroom spiders has special magical properties? The Telvani then harvest this silk and weave it into their robes, enhancing their magica levels.

Perhaps there has been a shortage recently, leading to an economic crisis for the Telvani. This leads them also to be desperate enough to ally with the Redoran and Indoril remnant.
Like Blight-Moth silk cloths only with more capacity for enchanting? neat Idea, could be.

Blight Moth Silk Resource
Quote:
Why don't clothes in Morrowind have a health rating?

Clothes don't have a Health rating like armor and weapons do. Why? Well...

The tailors of Morrowind, due to the unusually harsh environments, have been forced to use unusual materials for their clothing needs. While they first experimented with a wool woven from the fur of the waste rat, this proved to be unpopular. The material, while fairly durable, stank to high heaven when wet. Additionally, the scent tended to attract other waste rats, making the garments especially unsuitable for children and the elderly.

After many years of searching the continent for a suitable material (now referred to as the Great Chafing), the intrepid craftsmen discovered the silk of the blight moth. Though not truly a blighted creature, it's coloration resembled the ash grey left by the mysterious disease infecting the land. The silk, it turned out, was incredibly resilient, pliable, and easy to work with. It also readily accepted magicks, making it a popular material for enchanters. After years of experimentation, tailors perfected the weaving of this delicate silk into thread.

Today, you'll find almost all of the clothing of Morrowind is made of this super strong blight moth silk, as it never degrades, is highly resistant to damage from the elements, and even seems to repair itself from damage. Lo, the wonders of Morrowind.

Source: Posted on the official forums by Mark "BlueDev" Nelson

Taken from the "General Elder Scrolls Weaseling" section of the Imperial Library.
the Telvanni market is this:

exotic Telvanni goods (like Bug Musk)
magical servives & equiptment
silks from Blight moths and spiders
hireling training and slave* (manpower market)

*no more slaves for Telvanni

so good bringing up of spiders :goodjob:
i just had an idea...
you know how many Telvanni (especially the younger generation headed by Aryon) likes Dwemer animiculi?
like Baladas, Aryon, and Uvirith?

what if they trade Dwemer goods to rich people? they don't care if it's illegal...
Heres how Telvanni make money or use to.

Slaves
Food
Bugmusk
Dwemer items
Magical Training
Magical Items
Wizards and alchemists for hire
yeah, but i guess you can knock off the slaves...
they probably conver that to mercenary training since they need to arm for war...

maybe they do some shipping since they have those weird planty-boats and know how to travel the treacherous waters in their areas...
So can Telvanni be looked upon as amoral traders who will buy anythoing and anyone for a price?

Like Atlantis in Rifts, if you've heard of it.
no I haven't but Telvanni AREN'T like that...
they won't buy fo any price, they will look for bargains as they aren't a wealthy people, also they only export a certain few valuable products with most of their smaller marketed products like eggs and their few crops aren't really a powerful force in their economy. But silks and bug-musk, and such are very important... magical sevices and Dwemer wares as well
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
no I haven't but Telvanni AREN'T like that...
they won't buy fo any price, they will look for bargains as they aren't a wealthy people, also they only export a certain few valuable products with most of their smaller marketed products like eggs and their few crops aren't really a powerful force in their economy. But silks and bug-musk, and such are very important... magical sevices and Dwemer wares as well

I see. But if they were to FUND their own private army, we're just imagining here, how could they do it? Mercenaries, like before?
yeah they would fund their own army...
but to tell you the truth, their armies would still be small compared to Redoran who have the manpower to amass huge clans-armies or Hlaalu who has the wealth to hire mercenaries in bulk...
but what Telvanni can't get in numbers they get in quality, they have very high quality hirelings, warriors, and war-wizards.... and one of the Masters like Uvirith or Therana could probably kill several people with just one spell...

however I think that since Aryon was tied up with political intrigue and uniting the Vvardenfell Telvanni... he was unable to continue his Dwemeri research but some of that research will go on for the purposes of war...

I dunno, I have a little baby in my head that the Telvanni will repair and activate one of these: mwahaha

[thanks to Rhydgecht from the ESForums for the screenshot]
Pages: 1 2 3