Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Kogoruhn, clanstead of House Dagoth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
History
Kogoruhn was the ancient clanstead of House Dagoth in days before the War of the First Council. After Voryn Dagoth was corrupted by the Tools (and was supposedly "slain"? I should really play TES3 again to refresh my memory), it was destroyed, and all of House Dagoth's kinsmen were slain or adopted by the other Great Houses. Kogoruhn was but an abandoned ruin for many years. Then, in more recent times, Dagoth Ur awakened from his long slumber. From what I understand, Dagoth Ur and his Ash Vampire kin tried to find a way around the Ghost Fence. A cave was dug from Red Mountain to the sewers of Kogoruhn. The clanstead became reinhabited by Lord Dagoth's followers. Nearby Falasmaryon was also inhabited by creatures of the Blight shortly thereafter. The Nerevarine would later pay a little visit to this site and bring back some artifacts to prove himself worthy of the title of Urshilaku Nerevarine, killing many of its inhabitants in the process, though it didn't take too long before it got reinhabited due to the considerable numbers of the Sixth House.

Plans
In TES3, Kogoruhn just looked like another ancient stronghold with a few ruined houses next to it. As it was the ancient clanstead of House Dagoth, I think it should have unique architecture, and its interior layout should be more than just a bunch of random halls and rooms. I would imagine it being made out of ash rock, with decorative designs etched into it. Many Ash Priests would reside here, as they did in TES3, and the corprus beasts would have a slightly different personality (tougher?) than in most other places, as it was supposed to be in TES3 (though they never really made it that way, except for some of the Dagoths... there's several unused dialogue topics that you can see with the CS).
It was their captial their should have been statues and more houses walls around the huts
as for making them different from other strongholds... perhaps....
however though other lore-dudes and many people disagree, I really think that the"Dunmer Strongholds" are Dagoth holds... even though they never said so officially...
why? because if their clanstead was made this way then their other holds should be similar, also they inhabited the areas around Vvardenfell, the Dwemer kingdom.... thus it would make sense for their holds to be scattered around the place and is now an island... also they were said to be hostels and holds.... which is what would be needed by the scattered Dagoth clans... they would need to be able to quickly connect with their clanstead of Kogoruhn in the northern hills... thus Proplyon system abd the holds being hostels fir traveling Dagoths and maybe allied ashlands....
why? cause Dwemer, though they became somewhat friendly with Dagoths, did kidnap people at times and perform experiments... also the different Chimer clans and Dwemer clans were often at war...

but because of the logical aspect I think these Strongholds could very well HAVE been Dagoth holds...
However, in many stories in Morrowind, it mentioned many from house indoril who used those strongholds that they "BUILT" in the War of the First Council. I think that they just dodn't want to make unique architecture that would be only used in one place.
...The strongholds are just that. Dunmer strongholds. They likely predate the Houses in general, as they were used to defend against Nord/Orc attackers... I don't know WHY you'd even hold that theory, really. There's no reason the people in the game would need to lie about what the strongholds were.
Well were making kogurhn big
...No idea what relevance that has. Who are you addressing?
Quote:Originally posted by Hrafnkel
...The strongholds are just that. Dunmer strongholds. They likely predate the Houses in general, as they were used to defend against Nord/Orc attackers... I don't know WHY you'd even hold that theory, really. There's no reason the people in the game would need to lie about what the strongholds were.

No, contrary to what one would think, they were used as camps by soldiers. They were never used for defense or in any war. To quote the dev VXSS, who's comment is reposted here (and in other places):

Quote:Easy answer....

Best Westerns. The were basically fortified stronghold/checkpoint/hotels for travelers. There are no records of any of the strongholds ever being held under siege or used in any battles/wars, but it is quite possible that they were used for warriors as layover posts while travelling.
in any case they would've really helped in a defense, especially as they were placed in a way that armies could use them as periodic camp or as fast travel in smaller numbers...

Kogoruhn I don't think will have too much custom architecture but maybe a more restored looking Dunmer Stronghold tileset, maybe...
but definitely a very strong place and very unique
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by Hrafnkel

No, contrary to what one would think, they were used as camps by soldiers. They were never used for defense or in any war. To quote the dev VXSS, who's comment is reposted here (and in other places):

Quote:Easy answer....

Best Westerns. The were basically fortified stronghold/checkpoint/hotels for travelers. There are no records of any of the strongholds ever being held under siege or used in any battles/wars, but it is quite possible that they were used for warriors as layover posts while travelling.

Huh. I was almost certain that I'd read numerous in-game sources saying they were used to defend against nords.
Pages: 1 2