Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Reich Parkeep Temple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Regardless of their base culture, any Dunmer town usually has a Temple built in Velothi style. For those unfamiliar with the style, it can be said to be ancient Dunmer, pre-dating the rise of the Great Houses; Vivec, the largest city on Vvardenfell, was built in this style.

So, about the only structure in Reich Parkeep that isn't Imperial or Redoran is the local Temple. I've now imported the exterior for it, building on a design by Hoss (heavily modified by me) and using textures from 91.css and Morrowind Visual Pack, and begun detailing it. I haven't added much detail apart from the structure because the location of it in the city has yet to be decided. I've contacted Spankybus and asked him if he could export the tileset he created a while ago (reference: Velothi Tile Set thread).

I'm sure the Temple looks huge, but it's not *that* large. Big Grin It's about 8 stories, and 6 of those stories doesn't have much larger base area than a normal house.

It's unlikely we'll have a very functional Temple in the near future, because of the limitations of the Civ4 exporter. However there's nothing holding us back from modding with those models, not even modding this whole structure, despite the fact that the player would fall through it everywhere. Because, once we *do* have a proper exporter, it's a small thing to re-export the models and replace the old NIFs with proper ones, and then et voil? everything that's been modded thus far starts working immediately and flawlessly in the whole mod. Big Grin

So, having said that, I would like to gauge if there is any interest from you guys in modding parts of the Temple, once Spankybus' tileset is availiable in the next Alpha? =)
that's no Temple... its a skyscraper!
may I humbly suggest an idea?
perhaps there are 8 stories like you said... lowest to highest can go like this... Ordinator barracks, 1st floor and ash pits, shrines, hostels, St.Roris sanctum, healing house, priest quarters, storage? just a suggestion Confusedhrug:
Of course you can suggest that. Wink
It's huge. I like it. I'll first finish my other claims. Perhaps if there is a story left, I would like to help with this one.

It will be a good addition to the city.
Before we can do this we might as well finish the Imperial district, since we need Redoran or Velothi Interior pieces before we can make Redoran/velothi interiors like this.
- It shouldn't have a ton of windows. Windows on Velothi architecture appear to be used pretty much just as decoration.
- You should have Temple symbols engraved in the walls.
- Is that door a temporary one?
the domes need a different texture.
[Image: big_velothi.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
the domes need a different texture.

:yes:

Seems we lost 91.css along the way. Haven't seen him around in awhile... what a pity, he did great stuff.
i came up with this in a second... i had no idea about the size, so resize it as you please.

(tile it like the original MW one)
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I came up with this in a second... I had no idea about the size, so resize it as you please.

(tile it like the original MW one)

Thanks! But when I try to open it, it says:
The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.
Pages: 1 2 3