Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: no conflicts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
with tamriel rebuilt's statement that their morrowind province will be isolated from their other provinces (due to the use of the new oblivion mod egine for their next project-hammerfell), will silgrad's future work be compatable with tamriel rebuilts? like if the 2 projects border each, will the borders match or even fit together? and would either group do province already completed or already underway by the other group? because we have a long time before we get a new elder scrolls mod engine, or even a new province, so this gives TES fans a long time to build tamriel, or at least most of it, and if we make borders match and dont do conflicting projects, this could be the decade were we finally get what we want-Tamriel.
What Tamriel Rebuilt does or doesn't do has no bearing on what we do in any way. Smile
We will be using worldspaces for the different realms. Until my C: Drive failed, I was just about the release the worldrun for Morrowind from Reich Parkeep to Blacklight. That worldspace is huge, hopefully enough to cover the entire Morrowind province (for later expansion). So it is possible unless TR uses the same names as ours and causes conflicts.
leaving a big ocean in the middle? or what?
so Morrowind minus Vvardenfell or Vvardenfell as well you were planning?

I always thought we were using different worldscpaes... Confusedhrug: but I am fine as long there is enough space...
meaning like it was in TES3 or bigger
It will include Vvardenfell. It should be able to include Port Telvannis as well. If not, we'll adjust it. Smile

Edit: If I remeber correctly, you wanted to swim from the island to the Mainland! Smile
If the landmass is the whole Morrowind Province minus Vvardenfell, and Vvardenfell mods the island and makes the worldspace of the island dependant on the worldspace of the landmass, then if I understand it correctly the Vvardenfell landmass would 'overrule' the province landmass.

Same with Reich Parkeep, again *if* I understand it correctly. If the spot where RP should be is left blank then the height data of the RP worldspace should overrule the height data of the landmass worldspace when I make it dependant on that worldspace.

Just a theory, really, but it could work. I guess we'll know when we try. :elk:
I really think, and have thought from the start, that something like this is the only cohesive way for us to do the Morrowind mods. Regardless of whether the plugins are ever merged, they need to be based off of the same heightmap to create cohesion.
That's why we'll have the test worldspace. If we can make a large area we'll use it for Morrowind. Elsewise we'll make smaller ones.
Quote:Originally posted by Rodan
It will include Vvardenfell. It should be able to include Port Telvannis as well. If not, we'll adjust it. Smile

Edit: If I remeber correctly, you wanted to swim from the island to the Mainland! Smile

So if things are going to be done better, who is going to model the bikinis and thongs this time? Wink
um, i think you answered your own quiestion, TR is duing HF in the tres4 engine, therefor there is no chanse of anythind of matching or conflicst between tr and st. unless someone does soemthing REALY crazy...