Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Request, Hedge mazes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need a request from one of our talented modelers here. I need a hedge maze design for Blacklight and Windhelm. Something simple and I may need an archway as well (just for an entrance).
I'm on it. Smile

Edit: Here's "my" first try - a mesh from John Hoagland that I found on Renderosity.com. It's a bit simplistic, but I don't think it would be as noticeable from the player's perspective. It came out a bit big, so I sized it to 0.65 % to get it to the size it is in the screenshot. I have a few other designs to choose from if you'd like a different maze configuration.

Texture from lemog3d.com, mesh by John Hoagland.
simplest would be, in my opinion, to moddel a realistlic hedge and then use it ove and over again to creat a maize. that also makes it mroe versitile...

btw, i think you cna use one of the OB hedges for this purpose...
Yes, nevermind about the one above - it was bad. =)

Here's my second try. This time I slapped together the mesh myself.
its OK.. but the texture is hurting my eyes, BAD. it looks realy cubic, wich makes it look realy out of place around the dinamic foilage of OB. (maybe some maps would solve that issue)
I don't think something like a hedge can really be "moddeled" like most of our other stuff is modeled. If you look at all of the plants in oblivion, they arn't really your standard shell with a texture, they have actual branches modeled and leaves created through double sided polygons sticking out everywhere. Granted, many of the current oblivion plants do not work well as walls, but if you really want a plant to look plant like I think a more detailed approch such as the techniques they use would be nessisary.
It's good but I need it green and with some leaves Smile (same as the Arena one)
That maze texture definetely is a bit bright side.
Other than that colors like that could fit.. i mean it depends of ground textures also. If these areas will use whole new textures (creating different looks than Cyrodiil) colors like that wall (just not as bright) might be nice. Concerning if it was set mostly to greenish enviroments similar to Cyrodiil then it was too bright and yellow Smile
Could either make it more green.. or if there was sand and such around. Texture could be orange/brown'ish leaves too..
When you model the hedges, and you want more of a realistic, low polygon effect, try doing it with many planes criss crossing eachother randomly, but uniformly. Here is an example, though I didn't make it so uniform, nor did I make so many planes. After you get a LOT of planes doing this, you can easily add on a semi-transparent texture that can represent the leaves of the hedges. This will make your model look pretty sweet in the end. The only thing you need to worry about is that you need to make sure each of your planes is double sided (they aren't in my pic). If you look at the Oblivion grass, they use the same technique of criss crossing planes and adding on a transparent texture to represent their grass. Remember, LOTS of planes!
I'm not going to say that it's the best model I can do, just that it's the best I can do given the current time constraints between modding and collaborating with Caligula and Zarf on the Redoran house collection. Smile
Pages: 1 2