Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc00 Open dialogue claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In the current version of the main Reich Parkeep esp, which hasn't been released just yet at the time of writing this, there are several NPCs whom lack any form of custom dialogue, and whom are not likely to get any custom dialogue in the future unless someone here would like to mod it. The NPCs have rudimentary personalities, as is reflected by their homes, but not much that really define them. So your hands would be pretty free in establishing their personality and outlook on the world, given the evidence in the main esp.

They are;
[blockquote]"StX2CarniusGalenus" - Carnius Galenus, an Imperial male, is a level 25 knight who lives alone in the NID.

"stx2raviir" - Ra'Viir is a male Khajiit, and the bartender of The Screaming Helm (NID). He has the normal merchant dialogue, but nothing that is really customized. He doesn't live in the tavern, rather, he has a home in town which is currently being modded by X23.

"StZeLagakgraDurug" & "StZeLugdumgroDurug" - Lagakh and Lugdum gra-Durug. Lagakh is the woman, Lugdum is the man. They are not
married, or lovers - they are brother and sister, at least paternally. Orcs get the last part of their surnames from their father's first name; they get the first part of the surname depending on if they are male or female. They live together in a house in the SID.

NID - North Imperial District
SID - South Imperial District

Vaniken R'i doesn't have custom dialogue either, but I think shunoshi will wants to add that himself after he's back from his six-week hiatus.
[/blockquote]

To claim an NPC, please reply in this thread.

To add dialogue for the NPC, I suggest you start up a fresh esp that is not dependant on anything other than Oblivion.esm. Then, create a placeholder quest to hold all the dialogue you want to add. It doesn't matter what you do with the quest as long as it's an entry in the list, because we won't keep the quest; after your plugin is merged, I'll move all the dialogue to the default "quest shell" that holds as good as all the normal dialogue in Reich Parkeep (that isn't related to a specific real quest in town). The placeholder quest you need to create is just a technical solution to the problems Bethesda caused us by hacking out the merge-to-master functionality in the CS.

You need to have GetIsID conditions on all your dialogue to make sure only one character can say those lines. But since your esp isn't dependant on anything other than Oblivion.esm, you can't set up the actual speaker. I need to do that, but it's not a problem for me. But it would help immensely if you added a placeholder GetIsID condition on all your dialogue.

For starters, it would be great to have custom dialogue for these three subjects:
- GREETING
- Reich Parkeep
- (the NPC's name)

'GREETING' is pretty straightforward I think. 'Reich Parkeep' is their opinion of the city they live in - they could mention what they like, what they don't like, which places they like to visit, or provide lore about the town. (Please check with me before adding lore). For '(the NPC's name)' you could let them tell the player a bit about themselves. Don't forget to AddTopic it through their greeting. ('Reich Parkeep' is AddTopic'ed by default, through scripting) Apart from those three you can add anything you like - perhaps they have an opinion on Daedra, or the Nord aggression towards the Redoran, or Vvardenfell, or anything at all.

You don't need to add voice work. Would be pretty awesome if you did tho Big Grin

Just to make sure, please understand that if you *do* make your esp dependant on the main Reich Parkeep esp, or any other file, it will cause a lot of work to untangle it. Smile
This is a really good idea. Can modders who have claimed those claims suggest what dialogue to put? The reason is is that I want to make a bunch of quest for my tavern, maybe we can have a quest claiming system too. Although by the time I make the tavern quests I'll probably have learned how to make atleast basic quests.
Quote:Originally posted by X23
This is a really good idea. Can modders who have claimed those claims suggest what dialogue to put? The reason is is that I want to make a bunch of quest for my tavern, maybe we can have a quest claiming system too. Although by the time I make the tavern quests I'll probably have learned how to make atleast basic quests.

Sure, it would help a lot if you wanted to let us know how you envisioned the personalities of Carnius Galenus and Ra'Viir. But we shouldn't add dialogue that is dependant on something that might or might not happen in the future, such as quests. If a quest like that is made, it's a small matter to add new dialogue to merged characters who are involved in it.

The basic premise of quests is: if a modder wants to make one, he posts a draft in Quest Dev, he gets feedback and opinions, and if it goes well, he can start modding the quest himself. Smile
I guess I'll just learn to do quests than. Better than not knowing. How do we make quests with the merging problem, or did the guy make a merge to master function in his merging plugin?
Quote:Originally posted by X23
I guess I'll just learn to do quests than. Better than not knowing. How do we make quests with the merging problem, or did the guy make a merge to master function in his merging plugin?

I don't think he has added the functionality yet. So for now, by using placeholders whenever possible, and informing me what the placeholders should be exchanged with.

For instance, let's say you want Ra'Viir to give the player a quest to go to a cave and kill a guy. You could then set up a placeholder NPC in your plugin - by making him, and dropping him in the cave - and then, for setup and testing purposes one can pretend that he *is* Ra'Viir, and standing in his tavern. Then the quest could be modded as normal. Finally, after I merge the quest, I'll just transfer all the dialogue from the placeholder NPC to the real Ra'Viir and delete the placeholder.
I'll claim the dialogue for Ra'Viir (use the lines X23, already supplied in the archive file).

How shall I supply the dialogue ?. I was thinking of using the latest file of rpc04 and add all the necessary dialogue. I was also thinking of adding a customer if that's alright. Only I don't know of it works out when merging.

Please advise.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I'll claim the dialogue for Ra'Viir (use the lines X23, already supplied in the archive file).

How shall I supply the dialogue ?. I was thinking of using the latest file of rpc04 and add all the necessary dialogue. I was also thinking of adding a customer if that's alright. Only I don't know of it works out when merging.

Please advise.

Excellent!

It would be great if you started a new esp and created a placeholder NPC to function as the "GetIsID" value. That will make it exceedingly easy for me to set it up after merging. Or you could just add it to one of the claims plugins you're working on, either way works just as well.
Ok ! Big Grin
I added dialogue for Ra'Viir (Greeting, RP and Wife topic).

I made a new NPC, a customer. His name is Adding (Greeting, RP and House topic).

I didn't test his AI, but it's straight forward.

Note for Razorwing.
I hope the file is ok. I tried it myself and could easily move the dialogue etc.
What does he say?
Pages: 1 2 3 4