Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dr. Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like your opinion of the series. I'm seeing the 2005 series 1 now but I've seen all of the available episodes of the original. Who is your favorite Doctor? Also tell me if you don't like the series as well.

Favorite Doctor: Tom Baker
Best Story: The Deadly Assassain (thought when Tom Baker was being drowned was the best part)
I've only seen part of one new episode. My brother watches them a lot, and he loves them. I didn't find it that interesting, from what I saw. There's also something about the way it was filmed that really irritates me, and I can't say why because I don't know. The atmosphere seems all too fake, I guess.

I never saw the original.
I do understand your opinion. But I've been watching since 79 and have every episode of the original. A lot has been lost but for Oblivion fans I would suggest The Time Warrior or The Time Meddler (my favorite of the first Doctor).
I saw the half of the first (new) series and liked it much. So I'm going to see more.

fantastic! Big Grin
You should see the original as well. Even if it is said is cheesy, the original is fun to watch. Especially Tomb of the Cybermen.
I will see them but there is a big problem: the DVDs are very expensive in germany and i'm a poor student. So it will take some time.
I was so mad when I found out that Sci-Fi was showing the new series here in the U.S. and I hadn't known until I missed a few pisodes. I'd rather watch them from the beginning. =) I'm a pretty fair fan of the older ones and when I was young, I actually met Patrick Troughton (the second Doctor) at a convention about two weeks before he died. :poorme:

My favorite Doctor was Peter Davison (the blonde one with the celery). My favorite story was the one where Adric died because of those darn Cybermen.
Earthshock was a good episode.

I did go to one convention where I could have met Troughton and Pertwee. Unfortunately the line were huge so I never got the chance (not enough time in this case (pardon the pun)).
I never got the chance to backup the lost file rewrites (the soundtrack with photos plus little clips (the same drive that had my Morrowind and Oblivion files had those files as well)). Galaxy 4 was a great file (still have a clip on DVD though).
No one will agree with me, but Sylvester Mccoy (I think that's how you spell his name.). A close second being Tom Baker.

As for the new series... I think it's lost something. Although relucantly I have nothing bad to say about Ms Piper.
Pages: 1 2