Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Werewolves: Almost possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the record, I am not fascinated with werewolves, vampires, wereboars, or stuff like that. I never even play as those. This is merely an idea that I came up with in the shower.

I saw that a LOT of people were REALLY angry that you couldn't become a werewolf in Oblivion. I figure we could implement a quick and dirty scheme to become one, but we can't really become a wereWOLF untill we get the exporter from Bethesda.

In the game, Wabbajack will turn any creature in to any other random creature - including humans into rats or whatever.

I'm thinking a very similar script could be used to, persay, change somebody with a certain disease into a Werekitty just for testing purposes. The script would add like, +5 to whatever stats were affected in Morrowind and change the user into a Kahjit every night at a predeterminded time, and reverse the changes every morning. The thing is, we would also have to keep track of what skills go up while the user is a werekitty so they don't go back down to normal afterward.

Once Bethesda releases the exporter, we can make a wolf model (Or at least heavily modify the current wolf models, though I'd expect we can't use much more than the textures) that could technicly act as a playable race. Untill then, I propose we use Kahjiits. Big Grin

This would be a killer feature for Silgrad Tower.

Joe User: Heye, Bob, what mods should I download for Oblivion?
Bob User: ZOMSILGRAD TOWER!!!!!111oneoneone

I think all the werewolf fans out there would react in a similar way.
That would be a good idea. But who would transfer the Werekitty disease? You wouldn't be able to tell who has it unless you stalked them all day.
Great idea Zarf! The Werekitty thing is just for testing purposes, and they should turn into it at night, and wander the wilderness.
werekitty is a good idea. I would like to see that in the actual game.
For testing purposes, we could make like a bottle or something that the player activates to get the disease.

In Bloodmoon, you got the disease during the main quest. I'd assume we would have to incorporate a similar quest in Silgrad Tower.
You wouldn't need a quest to transfer the disease. Just make it like vampirism. You get the disease, and after 2 days you turn into a werewolf.
Cool idea, Zarf! If you can get it to work, in the form of a plugin, we'll definitely use it in the mod. Big Grin
Tell you what. I'll finish up the texture work on the Redoran stuff and attempt to learn as much about the scripting system as I possibly can... switch Tibmaker over to do whatever texturing you need afterwards. :-)

However, if you can find an accomplished scripter, PLEASE do so. You don't want a learner's scripts in Silgrad Tower.
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
However, if you can find an accomplished scripter, PLEASE do so. You don't want a learner's scripts in Silgrad Tower.

Me? Oh, but it's your idea, Zarf. Big Grin
I can take a look at the wolf model in blender, if someone can get me the .nif (or tell me where I can dig it out myself).
Pages: 1 2