Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The 6 Continents of Nirn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are a number of threads that concern other continents, and when I came accross this in the ES Lore Forums I thought some of us might find this useful.

Quote:from Nigedo's pinned FAQ in the ESF Lore Forum

5. Are there other continents apart from Tamriel?

... generally agreed that there are, or have been, five continents besides Tamriel:

Akavir - home to a wide variety of demon and beast races, many of whom have designs on Tamriel. This large continent is east of Tamriel.

Atmora - harsh and frozen homeland of Atmoran humans, the persisting ancestors of both Nords and Cyrodiils. This land lies to the north of Tamriel.

Pyandonea - home of the Maormer or Tropical Elves. This is a land far to the south of the Summurset Isles, the most southern territory of Tamriel.

Thras - domain of the Sload race. Sometimes described as 'the coral kingdoms', this land is said to have risen out of the Abecean sea between Tamriel and Yokuda. History records that this land was razed by the All Flags Navy of Tamriel, in retribution for the Thrassian Plague unleashed by Sload in 1E2200. Whether it continues to exist in the Third Era is disputed.

Yokuda - continent from which the Redguard race originated. It was somewhere west of Tamriel before the Redguard apparently destroyed most of it during the First Era, although traces of the continent still appear on maps dating from the end of the Second Era.
You can learn more about these other continents from the game books,

Mysterious Akavir

The Pocket Guide To The Empire: The Wild Regions.
Pyandonea, Thras, and Yokuda aren't THAT far away from Tamriel. And you forgot Aldmeris.
:lmao: you mean ESF forgot Aldmeris. But surely that sunk and tamriel is the remainder? As I understand it these are the existing continents?
well Aldmeris... is kinda like the old Tamriel, when it was mostly land... when the Mer ruled... sort of metaphorical... like Old Ehlnofey...

Yokuda and Atmora and Akavir are other continents....
then there is Tamriel....

Pyandona is big, but I dunno if it is a continent... and Thras is acutally kinda small
Certainly seems that the Sload Continents, Thras has undergone a dramatic downsizing! Big Grin

Anyhows as I said I got this from ESF - it's from Nigedo's pinned FAQ - let me insert that and the title above:

Would be great if you could locate some Lore on Aldmeris (no doubt the more we add, the more :confused: confused the whole thing willl become as this is the Elder Scrolls!)