Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Desert?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there really that much desert in Elsweyr? I looked at an Elsweyr map no to long ago, and it seem that most of the terain was more junglish, it seemd that only about 1/3 of the Elswery map is desert. What do you guys think? Anway, the border between Cyrodil and Elsweyr was more of a hillish region, and it wasn't very desertish.

edit: oops, maybe I should have posted this in the Landmass section...
As stated, the FAQ pinup in the ESF Lore section mentions a mix of desert and tropical forest - remember that Elsweyr borders Valenwood - so there wil be lotsa forest or jungle if Valenwood and Elsweyr get into any conflicts.

A useful Question might be where do the Khajiit consider their Heartland is?
I think there is more desert than you think. Elsweyr has alot of jungle on the coast and along the river but most of the province is landlocked with no rivers going directly through the province. I'd say a good 2/3 of the land should be desert.
Here is an official map of Elsweyr:
[Image: elsweyr.png]
That looks pretty green to me...
hahahaha... well this is what I think it is like...
Nice feel to it KK, but could you green up a more substantial area of the western side of the Province where it joins Valenwood? Suspect that would start as tropical or sub-tropical jungle, gradually fading to forest, and even grass plains at the edge of the desert? As there is no apparent overwhelming geographical feature to account for the desert...?
Obsolete information.