Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Looking for ideas on these here vines! :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The screenshot shows a collection of vines modelled by Antonini Laurent, which I've had in my cupboard for a while since before the game was released. Now the time came to import them, but I'm in short supply both on ideas and name behind these vines.

Perhaps someone in our team can come up with a cool title, and/or a description of their nature?
They are finalized models and won't be edited more, btw.
Not:
Herder's Crook? Nah...

Just looking at the way the vines seem determined to curl up at the ends put me in mind of a shepherd's crook, I tried Guar Herder's Crook, but it feels too long, and even Herder's Crook lacks something.

So not:
Guar Herder's crook;
Herder's Crook;
Shepherd's Crook;
Bishop's Crook...

Maybe a Morrowind equivalent of a Bishop's Crook? - insert a Temple Rank or a Nine Divines' term?

Perhaps the choice of an ecclesiastical name might reflect an alchemical property or medicinal use. Could be the way the plant reacts to others = does it strangle then, or otherwise parasitise them, or does it form symbiotic relationships?

Perhaps the way it relates to its environment generally = does it climb, prefer rocky terrain, whatever.

If it is a loner that colonises cave entrances and such - maybe even concealing them!!! Then it might be called:

Hermit's Crook

Hows about that?
raggidman: I can't claim to fully understand how you meant, but if you meant they should be called "Hermit's Crook" and almost always found growing near cave entrances, then I think that's a great idea! :goodjob: Let's make it so.
Hmm, I think that the Skyrim team should put some Hermit's Crook in south-eastern Skyrim when we get around to it.
Cool and why not a northern plant? It looks to be a bit of a rock hugger, and scravny, which is consitent with low temperature and high altitude plants.

as we seem to like the idea that it enjoys cave entries - to combine a balance of light and shade no doubt, and tends to cover them, maybe it shelters its buds behind the screen it makes over the cave entry.

suppose it might do the same for doorways...

So how can we connect Hermit's crook Alchemically?

Might be Hermit = solitary eclesiastic, meditates, has visions;

Might be as hermit crab = poss crab type alchemical properties; also the Hermit crab tunnels into sand, constructs a door of sand and hides in the cave it has made;

Might give light or shade;

Might be leaves insulate from cold?

Well there are numerous possibilities there in italics. I'll leave it to KK and his experts to make something more coherent of it, and if it is ok with you guys, offer this as the first plant to be included in the Skyrim Botany Books, to be found in otherwise exposed, cold and high altitude areas from Skyrim as far south as Reich Parkeep? Thinking mostly of Eastern Slopes of the Velothi Mts in the southern areas? And any suitable areas Skyrim?
Some ideas for the alchemical properties...

-As raggidman said, possibly a frost shield or cold resistance effect.. I'm not even sure if that is possible with alchemy I never use it.. but it'd be cool if it is a northern plant

-Maybe drain/damage personality, in connection to the hermit being solitary

-Perhaps a boost endurance since it is a hardy plant.. again is it possible to make boost endurance potions?
If you're up for a little challenge, those vines give me an idea for a weapon. I'm thinking you can take a sword and have about 3 strands of vine wrap around the blade and flare off a little bit at the top.

As for the current vine you have there, I would place them on fence posts and window sils.
Quote:Originally posted by Steinaech
If you're up for a little challenge, those vines give me an idea for a weapon. I'm thinking you can take a sword and have about 3 strands of vine wrap around the blade and flare off a little bit at the top.

As for the current vine you have there, I would place them on fence posts and window sils.

Thanks for your ideas but I'm afraid this discussion ended quite some time ago Smile