Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc51 "Redoran Guardtower" (tyraenar)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tyraenar , here is your new thread, please post your file here, as discussed in the PM.
Wahoo! Thanks Sandor.

I'm quite dissatisfied with the second floor.. I've been trying to make it a mess hall type of area but due to lack of space, it is pretty hard to do it and make it not look stupid.

I feel like there might be too much crates/barrels/etc. lying around.. I didn't know what else to put in it ?(

Also tell me what you think of the bedrolls.. does it make it look too messy, or undisciplined? there wasn't really room for beds... but I wanted a place where the guards could catnap.

Another thing.. I put some armor on the table but I didn't want to "give away" good armor.. so I made it leather and iron... I'm guessing that won't be what the Redoran guards wear though so...

Here is my latest file
I am looking at your file now. Thanks for posting it here ! Big Grin

EDIT

I'll reply within the next 10 mins.

Edit 2.

Try to make the second floor as "you" like it. Ok, space is problem, make an other concept, that fits.

The bedrolls, remove one, so when the pathgrid has to be made, it will fit (screenshot).

The crates (screenshot), no prob, good clutter Big Grin !

I'll try to guide you through the modding process, look at the Reich Parkeep Discussion board, at the Tech thread.
Many things are explained there.

Good modding and welcome to Silgrad. !! :yes:

EDIT 3.

If you want to have armor that's fit for a guard etc. put it in a locked chest.
Named accordingly to the modders abbrev.
Thanks for checking it out sandor.

I'll remove that bedroll, and yea I'm definitely just going to start over on the second floor.. it is terrible right now.. just having a hard time thinking of stuff to put in it Big Grin

I'm decently familiar with the CS... as far as interior/exterior design... I've done a bit of dialogue/npc/quest creation too but I'm not that great.

I did this house mod if you want to check out the screens or anything Big Grin
I did another house mod too but I somehow messed something up since it was my first mod and it made the game crash :eek:

Oops did the link backwards..

Lenawiln Cottage

I'm going to go read up on that thread, take a break, then get back to working on the tower later tonight hopefully, it definitely needs some more work! Big Grin

Thanks for the help again
Ok,

I look forward to your next reply.

EDIT

I downloaded your cottage. I'll check it out. Smile
Sweet! Big Grin

So I was toying with the idea of moving the armory type area to the second floor, and putting either a round table dining area where it used to be, or a couple of chaindoll targets for bored guards to play around with. Any opinion?
It's ok for me, as long it fits (sizewise), and you are happy with the idea.

Post a file with some new concepts , I'll reply and give my opinion. :yes:
Nevermind.. you want the file, I keep forgetting Big Grin

Here you go, latest file with the changes, I haven't cluttered up the table yet though, in case it gets removed later on

BTW, is that sandor like sandor clegane? He is rad
It's looking really nice, tyraenar!

These are just suggestions, but perhaps you could place nightstand-like furniture, like a miniature table, next to each bed? And maybe a chest and drawer for each, and some random pieces of clothing on top. It sounds to me like doing something like that would soak up a lot of room. Perhaps three or four bookcases with some books but mostly random clutter. A dinner table with all that entails, such as chairs and cupboards and benches and stuff would probably soak up a bunch of room. Random 'crap' from static > clutter might also be useable. Piling static furniture on top of another can give an impression that they're storing the furniture, and that sure takes some space. Well, those are just some ideas I thought of. Smile

I doubt the armor you placed would stand out too much, so it sounds like a good idea to me.
Screenshots look really good.
Pages: 1 2