Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc39 "North District East Guardtower" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Claim code (reference):
rpc39 "North District East Guardtower"

Estimate of size:
One tower

Architectural Type:
Imperial Castle (ext.model: CastleTowerCheydinhal01; int. Z rotation: -90)

Freeform description of this claim:
This guardtower is located along the eastern wall of the North Imperial District, and lacks an entrance to the exterior city. The only way in or out is through rpc37. rpc37 is a sprawling tunnel system inside the North Imperial District's walls, which is still being modded on by Razorwing and lacks a ton of clutter.

Please use the "TowerSmallCastleTower512" interior models to mod the tower with. I would suggest using "TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way" at the bottom, on top of which I would suggest placing "CastleTower512Top03". Don't use "CastleTower512Top02", which at first glance might look similar, but if you use 02 the player can see through the ceiling. Please rotate the "TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way" piece to the Z rotation in the claims header above, as that will line up the doors pretty close to how they should be.

This location can have a basement if you like, all that's needed is a trapdoor in the floor.

You might find it helpful to investigate this location in the latest Alpha; you'd find that the names of the cells doesn't correspond with this claim, but I've updated the names since the Alpha was released and it's the ones in this thread which are currently in use.

Since the 'skeleton' for this cell is already in the Alpha I thought I would move the contents of your whole cell over to the pre-existing cell, fitting it over all the existing doormarkers. But please don't let that stop you from modifying your tower interior exactly as you prefer -- if you want to nix the attic or move the trapdoors or anything at all, please go right ahead. All I would ask is that it doesn't contradict the exterior too much.

You can mod this location as being anything you prefer as long as it makes sense as something the guardforce (or Baron Remo) would have a use for. Sleeping quarters? Sure. Storage space? Yep. A huge cupboard with food containers in case a siege brings starvation? Absolutely. Use your imagination. Big Grin

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on oblivion.esm and Reich_Parkeep.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
Assuming you all think my previous mod work is good enough (North District North Guardtower), may I claim this?

The suggestion for this one is:
TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way
That is a 3-door Tower. We need a 2-door Tower. I noticed in the Alpha you put a blocker in front of the door. I'll copy that idea.

My intention(if granted this claim):
- This claim is an internal tower(that is to say, only access is from within the battlements). Because this tower is strategically difficult to assault, I think it would be ideal for weapons and armor storage. Both doors should be locked and the area off-limits, belonging to Reich Parkeep guard faction.
- I like the idea that 2 guards could hold off an Army at those two doors. So, I'd like to outfit the tower with everything a desperate guard would need to hold up for a long period.
Basement: Food storage, beds, back-up gear, and drinks.
Attic: Weapons, Armor, Ammunition, Emergency Rations.
Main Floor: Defensive Materials, On-Hand Weapons and Ammunition.

Thanks
-Tu
There will be no need to assault this tower, because main target of assault is castle, not towers Smile) but idea is nice Smile
Thanks. And you're right. The castle would be the goal. Smile
I always thought a good defense involves many fallback positions. Just thought this could be one. Also, it would be a good spot to send troops for a rest from the walls during the seige. Or, a headquarters from which foreign troops stationed in the city might deploy without having to camp on people's lawns.

Edit:
I will hold off on modding this one until RPC40 is complete if I get it. I'd also like to hear from razorwing or sandor. Some other ideas I could run with might be... neglected tower, rundown. Or, rat-infested cellar. Let me know which of all of these ideas you all like.
Granted (and I like your ideas, go right ahead) :check:
Wonderful... I really feel like North Imperial Distrct North Guardtower is closing in on what I wanted it to be like. (Thanks a lot to sandor's endless help.) I've learned a lot already thanks to all of your tutorials and F.A.Q.s and posts. The East Guardtower will be my next project. I'll let you know when I get started.

-TU
I am beginning on the East Guardtower in my (limited) downtime... I intend to create an archer's nook (only accessible from the second floor) which overlooks the main room. Also, I am working on some battlements and "traps" which are intended to be defenses. I'll update you when I accomplish something substantial in it.
Quote:Originally posted by Tunester
I am beginning on the East Guardtower in my (limited) downtime... I intend to create an archer's nook (only accessible from the second floor) which overlooks the main room. Also, I am working on some battlements and "traps" which are intended to be defenses. I'll update you when I accomplish something substantial in it.

I like your ideas, and am looking forward to checking it out. :yes:
Been toying around with some ideas, but I need some help...

I wanted to add a log drop trap to the interior: When a bad guy is in the kill zone, you push a button/pull a switch and the Havok is turned on the logs drop on the victim.

I have been reviewing the script for the "Push Logs" that are used in the intro as you make your way through and out of the prison... here's the task. I need to make the "Push Logs" *act* like they've been pushed when someone pulls a lever. The trouble I've had is that the game doesn't let me activate the "Push Logs" directly (I don't think) in the script.

I tried to get the target (player) and activate them with the player from a distance (doesn't work.) I can walk up to the "push logs" and push them downhill, but that doesn't fit with my plan. Any ideas?
Not yet, I'll look into it, this will take a few days.
I like the idea.
Pages: 1 2 3