Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc40 "North District North Guardtower"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Claim code (reference):
rpc40 "North District North Guardtower"

Estimate of size:
One tower

Architectural Type:
Imperial Castle (ext.model: CastleTowerCheydinhal01; int. Z rotation: -180)

Freeform description of this claim:
This guardtower is located along the north wall of the North Imperial District, and connects both with rpc37, the North District Battlements, as well as with the town exterior. rpc37 is a sprawling tunnel system inside the North Imperial District's walls, which is still being modded on by Razorwing and lacks a ton of clutter.

Please use the "TowerSmallCastleTower512" interior models to mod the tower with. I would suggest using "TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way" at the bottom, on top of which I would suggest placing "CastleTower512Top03". Don't use "CastleTower512Top02", which at first glance might look similar, but if you use 02 the player can see through the ceiling. Please rotate the "TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way" piece to the Z rotation in the claims header above, as that will line up the doors pretty close to how they should be.

This location can have a basement if you like, all that's needed is a trapdoor in the floor.

You might find it helpful to investigate this location in the latest Alpha; you'd find that the names of the cells doesn't correspond with this claim, but I've updated the names since the Alpha was released and it's the ones in this thread which are currently in use.

Since the 'skeleton' for this cell is already in the Alpha I thought I would move the contents of your whole cell over to the pre-existing cell, fitting it over all the existing doormarkers. But please don't let that stop you from modifying your tower interior exactly as you prefer -- if you want to nix the attic or move the trapdoors or anything at all, please go right ahead. All I would ask is that it doesn't contradict the exterior too much.

You can mod this location as being anything you prefer as long as it makes sense as something the guardforce (or Baron Remo) would have a use for. Sleeping quarters? Sure. Storage space? Yep. A huge cupboard with food containers in case a siege brings starvation? Absolutely. Use your imagination. Big Grin

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on oblivion.esm and Reich_Parkeep.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
Razorwing, I would like to try my hand at this.

Idea: I am thinking about a single room, empty cages, and a gruff old guard NPC who has lost his 2 favorite Guard Dogs. As things shape up, he may give a quest to avenge his "best friends."

Quest Updates for later: The dogs helped rescue a small boy and the NPC from a pack of wolves but died in the process. Now the NPC hates wolves and he will offer to pay 100 gold for every wolf pet you bring him. I know the idea is simple... maybe in the future you could bring him a new pet dog? I don't know how to do any of this yet, so I'll try to work on it later.

Well, let me know what you think.

-TU
Quote:Originally posted by Tunester
Razorwing, I would like to try my hand at this.

Idea: I am thinking about a single room, empty cages, and a gruff old guard NPC who has lost his 2 favorite Guard Dogs. As things shape up, he may give a quest to avenge his "best friends."

Quest Updates for later: The dogs helped rescue a small boy and the NPC from a pack of wolves but died in the process. Now the NPC hates wolves and he will offer to pay 100 gold for every wolf pet you bring him. I know the idea is simple... maybe in the future you could bring him a new pet dog? I don't know how to do any of this yet, so I'll try to work on it later.

Well, let me know what you think.

-TU

Deal :deal:

It should be two segments to the interior though, a TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way at the bottom and a CastleTower512Top03 on top, so it corresponds with how the exterior towers look. You could just use the top room for storage if you like, with some random clutter and crates and stuff.

The quest sounds interesting, and I'd love to see you mod it if you feel you want to get into learning how to mod quests. :goodjob:
Wonderful!!!! I've already started and I can't wait to start adding my own creativity to your already wonderful team! I would like to try doing conversation voicework for my NPC also, is this alright? I'd like to try doing voice and lip files. Is this okay? -> If not, please let me know.

Thanks for the warm reception again and wish me luck!
Wonderful!!!! I've already started and I can't wait to start adding my own creativity to your already wonderful team! I would like to try doing conversation voicework for my NPC also, is this alright? I'd like to try doing voice and lip files. Is this okay? -> If not, please let me know.

Thanks for the warm reception again and wish me luck!

Sure, voicing your NPCs is a great idea, because it solves the problem of dialogue disappearing off the screen too fast. But if the voice acting can stay or not in the long run depends on the technical quality of it. Preferrably there shouldn't be any muffling or static background noise.

Good luck! =)
I'm working on creating this tower. The top floor has become a sort of shrine to the guard's two dogs and his bedroom. It is not too fancy but I hope it works for you all. Still facing some issues, but hopefully I'll figure them out. The NPC business is pretty complicated. I'll keep working on his AI, his dialogue, etc... But, there is hope. He is equipped and awaiting a personality! Smile Talk to you with my next update.
Sounds good Smile.

..NPC business is pretty complicated

Don't hesitate to ask questions or post the problems you run into :yes:.
Well... in that case... Smile Some problems I've had:

I'm unfamiliar with constructing conversations. I have created a quest for my NPC to give the player, but I'm not sure how to add new topics. I read the wikipedia read-me on it, but I'm not sure.

I just added paths throughout the tower, so I think that is all set now. The NPC has a schedule which hopefully he'll follow. He should be moving between floors and sitting and sleeping now.

One problem I had was that the teleport marker's don't rotate. Is there a way to rotate teleport markers to make players face a different direction when they "beam" in. Not important for my tower, but just wondering.

Also, is there a way to rotate the camera in the render window?

Okay, that's a good start. I have already basically constructed the inside. All of the items, furniture, etc... should be in. This is my first mod, so I'm pretty nervous. Oh yeah, one more...

On the second floor of my guard tower the walls are shimmery (I think because of collision with the first floor. Did I construct that wrong or was it correct to overlay the second floor on the first floor?

Just a few questions. Most important for me to understand I think is the quest/dialogue/topic relationship out of all that. Thanks ahead of time.

-TU
I reply to your questions shortly (<5 mins.).

EDIT

Look at this thread (also linked to the FAQ board). There are many topics related to making an interior.

Technical info conc. Reich Parkeep interiors.

Teleport marker.

Select the marker. Hold the right mouse button and move it.
For the other planes also hold "X" or "Y" or "Z".

Rotating the camera.
Select an object. Hold the "shift" key and move around with the mouse.

..the second floor of my guard tower the walls are shimmery

Attach your file (make a new post) and I'll check it out.
No problem. And I just play-tested the tower a bit...

I have somehow managed to create doors through which you get stuck! When the player comes down from the second floor of the tower he is stuck. So, I think that is related to the location of my teleport marker, right?

-TU
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6