Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc42 "North District Southwest Guardtower"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Claim code (reference):
rpc42 "North District Southwest Guardtower"

Estimate of size:
One tower

Architectural Type:
Imperial Castle (ext.model: CastleTowerCheydinhal01; int. Z rotation: 0)

Freeform description of this claim:
This guardtower is located along the north wall of the North Imperial District, and connects both with rpc37, the North District Battlements, as well as with the town exterior. rpc37 is a sprawling tunnel system inside the North Imperial District's walls, which is still being modded on by Razorwing and lacks a ton of clutter.

Please use the "TowerSmallCastleTower512" interior models to mod the tower with. I would suggest using "TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way" at the bottom, on top of which I would suggest placing "CastleTower512Top03". Don't use "CastleTower512Top02", which at first glance might look similar, but if you use 02 the player can see through the ceiling. Please rotate the "TowerSmallCastleTower512Ground3way" piece to the Z rotation in the claims header above, as that will line up the doors pretty close to how they should be.

This location can have a basement if you like, all that's needed is a trapdoor in the floor.

You might find it helpful to investigate this location in the latest Alpha; you'd find that the names of the cells doesn't correspond with this claim, but I've updated the names since the Alpha was released and it's the ones in this thread which are currently in use.

Since the 'skeleton' for this cell is already in the Alpha I thought I would move the contents of your whole cell over to the pre-existing cell, fitting it over all the existing doormarkers. But please don't let that stop you from modifying your tower interior exactly as you prefer -- if you want to nix the attic or move the trapdoors or anything at all, please go right ahead. All I would ask is that it doesn't contradict the exterior too much.

You can mod this location as being anything you prefer as long as it makes sense as something the guardforce (or Baron Remo) would have a use for. Sleeping quarters? Sure. Storage space? Yep. A huge cupboard with food containers in case a siege brings starvation? Absolutely. Use your imagination. Big Grin

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
My rpc08 is almost finished, so i guess I'll take this one ) will start next week
Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
My rpc08 is almost finished, so I guess I'll take this one ) will start next week

Perfect. Granted :check: Big Grin
I've looked on the map - rpc42 is the closest guardtower to the gate. So i think it should be mostly sleeping quarters, so that the guards could be easily dispatched to the gates if needed.

I also think there should be some system. For example, no need to make big food storage in guardtowers, because there's enough place for it in the castle, and the castle is the last line of defense. (I guess when someone will take the claim for castle, they should make large storage area).
rpc40 is the closest to the castle, so it can be sleeping quarters too. rpc41 or 39 can be weapon\armor storage...
I've looked on the map - rpc42 is the closest guardtower to the gate. So I think it should be mostly sleeping quarters, so that the guards could be easily dispatched to the gates if needed.

I also think there should be some system. For example, no need to make big food storage in guardtowers, because there's enough place for it in the castle, and the castle is the last line of defense. (I guess when someone will take the claim for castle, they should make large storage area).
rpc40 is the closest to the castle, so it can be sleeping quarters too. rpc41 or 39 can be weapon\armor storage...

Good thinking on the sleeping quarters :goodjob:
It could be a counterpart in the NID to the somewhat larger Guardtower I modded in the SID.

The gatehouse in the NID is an interior too by the way (finished). Not just the custom model but the two imperial towers too. There's no beds there though, but I just thought I'd mention it just the same.

That's true, but the way I reason is that they built the battlements and towers during a rather turbulent time. The armistice had only been in place a few decades when the two I. D. were founded and I would imagine they had every reason to fear that the Dunmer who already lived there might rise up against them. But decades turned into centuries and no uprisings took place, and relations between Morrowind and Cyrodiil were probably frosty but never aggressive.

So the descendants that live there today are left with two huge battlements and several towers already built and paid for by their great - great - great - great-grandfathers. Maybe that made them think, "Okay, we have this space, it doesn't cost us anything, so what do we do with it?" So, it might have made more sense to plan like you suggest if they had built the battlements, say, fifty years ago and were expecting an attack at any moment. But it really is a place that has been pretty much at peace for hundreds of years and guard duty in town is probably a dull affair most of the time.

That's just the background up to the start of Oblivion though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can build a lot on the Nord-Redoran conflict Bethesda mentions and perhaps even make it a theme of sorts, for instance by modding several quests that can be played in sequence that have to do with the conflict. An action-packed mini-main quest of sorts. Heck, we could even have our own little in-game newsletter similar to the Black Horse Courier to tie in with the player's progress through those quests Big Grin ...but I digress. I really just wanted to elaborate on why I felt it was ok to mod pretty much anything in the guardtowers that the modder thinks the guards and/or Baron Remo could use the space for.
RW, plz add to the description of claims of all towers:
'When you place CastleTower512Top03' on the top, don't forget to create subspace (for example, Subspace 600x600x600), so that upper part will be inside subspace'
RW, plz add to the description of claims of all towers:
'When you place CastleTower512Top03' on the top, don't forget to create subspace (for example, Subspace 600x600x600), so that upper part will be inside subspace'

What?
Why?
If NPC enters cell and wants to go upstairs - he doesn't know he needs to use the door, cause he sees it's in the same cell - so why use door. That's why subspace needs to be created. I've noticed Bethesda uses subspaces in such towers.

from CS Wiki:
Subspaces are used to solve the problem of disconnected areas in the world space. Normally an actor will attempt to find a path in the world space that gets him to his destination. However, if there is no path, and the destination is in that same world space, the actor will not "think" to use load doors.

For example, a house with a balcony needs a subspace to encapsulate the balcony. An actor on the balcony has no linked path grid to get to the street. Yet since the street is in the same world space, the actor makes the invalid assumption that such a path should exist. By surrounding the balcony with a subspace object, the actor sees the balcony and the street as being in two different world spaces. Now when he attempts to find a path to the street, he will assume that he has to go through one or more load doors.
Tower is too small to be sleeping quarters - so i made it storage\sitting quarters

Subspace works normally, testguard i've created walks upstairs when he needs. Pathgrid works ok.

Do i need to add some more clutter? maybe near the centre of the upstairs part?

version 0.1 here
The example (balcony) from the Wiki makes sense. As we are talking about two cells (interior and exterior). In the tower (one cell) I don't know.

I will check it out.

I'll reply later today.
Pages: 1 2 3