Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc53 "Redoran Guardtower" (csksc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like a claim [to a Redoran Guardtower/ Rw.edit. I have free time and I think I could pull it off. Any naming conventions to follow with the other objects in the mod's meshes?
Quote:Originally posted by csksc
I'd like a claim. I have free time and I think I could pull it off. Any naming conventions to follow with the other objects in the mod's meshes?

I was curious about this as well... like for the items such as the crates and whanot... I named all of them StTYredoranguardtowerXXXXX where the Xs were the item name, ie Barrel, Crate, Light01, Light02

I grabbed the railiing downloads, can't wait to get them setup
csksc: Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Big Grin

csksc, tyraenar: No worries, the only real naming convention is the four-letter "STXX" combination, in any variation of capital or lowercase letters. I just set down those ID's to try and make it easier on modders, as they could then copy-paste the ID into the CS, and to pre-empt questions about what ID's to give them. =)

I hope to be able to search-and-replace the ID's used by other modders like yourself in these kinds of plugins and switch them out for the standard ID's / construction set entries, so in this particular case it's not terribly important, since the ID's won't be permanent. But they have to start out as being differently ID'd, otherwise "TES4 Plugin Utility" can't merge the plugins properly.
I'm almost done. Just need to think more about if any other clutter should be added, mess with the lighting a little more, and double check placement. If any problems are caught, I'd like to know.
I downloaded your file. I'll reply later today.
Sorry. Didn't know if I'd end up getting more done when I posted last time. I think I've finished the appearance. Ignore the previous file. I'm pretty sure I have the light where I want it but until some specular maps can be put in, I won't be entirely sure. For the most part it looks too dark but the original objects looked just right in game so I'm going by that.
Quote:Originally posted by csksc
Sorry. Didn't know if I'd end up getting more done when I posted last time. I think I've finished the appearance. Ignore the previous file. I'm pretty sure I have the light where I want it but until some specular maps can be put in, I won't be entirely sure. For the most part it looks too dark but the original objects looked just right in game so I'm going by that.

Mm, but even if the models don't reflect light, adding light sources should still illuminate the atmosphere, right? I think so. If so, you'd see when you playtest it if the view distance is as you would like it. If you haven't added collision boxes you can use the console command 'togglecollision', without the '', to explore your interior and playtest how it looks in-game. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

Mm, but even if the models don't reflect light, adding light sources should still illuminate the atmosphere, right? I think so. If so, you'd see when you playtest it if the view distance is as you would like it. If you haven't added collision boxes you can use the console command 'togglecollision', without the '', to explore your interior and playtest how it looks in-game. Smile

It is a lot harder to accurately light the place with the custom models not reflecting light.. it basically makes it so the environment is still dark, but the stock Oblivion objects are lit up. It looks a little funny unless you use subtle lights, like 128 or 256. Then you have to crank the cell lighting pretty high to make the place visible. Atleast that is my opinion.

*Shakes fist at Beth* Give us some proper tools!
Ground floor.

I like your "planter" creation (screenshot).

The StPtredoranbanner01. Bleed it a bit further in the wall.
Check the food on the (bleeding/floating) table.

First Floor.

The MCSingleBed01R is floating (screenshot).

Second floor.

Nice idea, I mean the light (screenshot).
The BowRackFloor01 is floating (screenshot).
Good placement of the bows !!

Also your home made weapons rack, is very creative :yesSadscreenshot).
Reallign the swords, they are floating.

For the future. Lock the chests.

Add "rpc53" to your cell name.

I don't know if this is your first mod. You're doing well Big Grin !
since when do we have these lights and banners?
Pages: 1 2