Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: 'extinct'/non-reptilian races in Argonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what are the races in Argonia?
Kothringi - sea-faring civilization and had a strong base in Argonia. They were famous for their sailors and had a great civilization till the Knahaten Flu came. The last of them left on the Crimson Voyage.
Orma - a tribe of blind folk whose other sense where extraordinary. Often used as assassins and servants and such. It is likely they died out as no means of escape from the Knahaten Flu was available.
Terpest- [nothing is known aside from the name]
Horwalli- [nothing i sknown aside from the name]

Barsaebic Ayleids - apparently they built Gideon and Stormhold but they disappeared long ago. My guess is they hid in their shrines until the Knahaten Flu was gone and maybe still live as Ayleids or wild elves in the wilds, but in VERY small numbers.
Cantemiric Velothi - these Dunmer live in Black Marsh around Thorn, Arnesia (borderland between Black Marsh and Morrowind) and Archon. They are probably all now affiliated with Great House Dres.

Lilmothiit - These Khajiit relatives where mostly nomadic and lived around the southern coasts and near Lilmoth and had a settlement at Blackrose in ancient times. They might be the forerunners of today's Marsh Cats.
Marsh Cats - These tribal Khajiit-like cat-folk live in southwest Black Marsh as hunter-gatherers.

[/hr]
so how are we to deal with them?
Men:
I am guessing that ALL of the tribal men would be dead except for maybe a few individuals and maybe a small number of Kothringi. Of course their ruins or tombs or whatever would remain. Perhaps the last living Orma or whatever can be found in a tomb. I hope we decide to have a small community of Kothringi still around in secret, far from the world... and I have just the plan for it Big Grin
Mer:
The Dunmer would be around and maybe have their own southern (Cantemiric Velothi) style, which could be retextures of the Velothi architecture. However they would be under House Dres most likely.
Barsaebic Ayleids might be here and there in the wilds, maybe a few. But they had two cities, Stormhold, and Gideon which they no longer inhabit, perhaps several Ayleid refuges remain where they continue their ancient civilization in secret and in small numbers.
Khajiiti:
The Lilmothiit might be all dead by now, but perhaps a few remain, or perhaps we can have elaborate burials found near Blackrose and Lilmoth with dead Lilmothiit chieftains.
The Marsh Cats could be simply retextured Khajiits that are a bit more adapted to swamp life.

[/hr]

so those are my ideas, what are you guys'?
Here is my view of things. Argonia is about the reptilian races, that's what makes it cool. Emphasis on human races should be limited. Its not about Men or Mer, that's what other lands are for. This is Argonia, lizard-land!
As far as the races of men, they should be extinct, except for maybe the Orma. I think its very possible they could have retreated into the deep dark caves to escape disease and predators.
Maybe the terpest survived becuase of a immunity and forged a alliance iwth the elves but betreyed the elves and thats why most elven ruins or caves are inhabited by terpest
Quote:Originally posted by SwedishFish
Here is my view of things. Argonia is about the reptilian races, that's what makes it cool. Emphasis on human races should be limited. Its not about Men or Mer, that's what other lands are for. This is Argonia, lizard-land!
As far as the races of men, they should be extinct, except for maybe the Orma. I think its very possible they could have retreated into the deep dark caves to escape disease and predators.
I think remnants of the civilizations should be around... maybe a few survivors on off-shore island or in deep caves...
why? cause it add mystery... like... there are a few alive but mostly dead and ruined...
a sort of "lost civilization" theme to them...

sorta like the Mayans... they live now still, but no longer in their old cities like Tikal and Mayapan...

Kothringi are likely to have sailed to off-shore islands cause they were some of the best sailors. Orma could've retreated into deep caves, they are "blind" afterall.
I think some Terpest and Horwalli should be roaming in the souther jungles... but very rare... like a their last tribes... one has like 5 people and the other like 4... basically all that remains of their kind. Other survivors would've left with Kothringi...

as for the Dunmer I think the Velothi either died out of mixed in with the Dres who also invade Black Marsh... and as for Ayleids... well either they're dead or they have a few guys hidden in the jungles... afterall they are masters of alteration...

and maybe the current day Marsh Cats are actually the descendents of the Lilmothiit?
Definitely, the best thing about Morrowind and its expansions was fighting or seeing some rare NPC because it was new and different. Having a rare race would be mysterious, exactly what the devs have said about Argonia.
Akaviri?

Maybe some rarer species of Argonians?
Awesome!I like the race's :goodjob:
I would really like to put the third one ingame! Nice. Smile Thanks Senten
Pages: 1 2