Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Anthology of ideas for Soluthis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Would anyone like to pitch ideas for locations - homes, shops, services, etc - that we could have in Soluthis? I can then weave in those pitches when I set up the town exterior for the Redoran District (which is 'officially' called Soluthis).

It'd help if you have a personal interest in modding the locations you would pitch Big Grin
A Sheogorath-worshipping furniture crafter? Big Grin That'd be interesting. Not that I'd buy furniture for a house from him. At least not with my sane characters.
He he he... not a bad idea at all.
brothel (will require some scripting, but possible to do) Smile
Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
brothel (will require some scripting, but possible to do) Smile

Excellent idea :goodjob:

We had a discussion about adult-themed locations in the past, back in -05, and I think the consensus was that it was okay but that we had to take in-game precautions to warn the player about just what kind of place he's exploring. So we can't have sexual acts or nudity going on in the first room he enters, for instance, we have to give sensitive players ample opportunity to turn back before going further. But with those kinds of in-game warnings in place, I'd say the field is wide open for just about anything. :brew:
Well, not sure about how to script and animate sexual acts, so I guess after choosing girl (or boy if PC is female) PC finds out one-two hour is gone, all his armor/weapon is in inventory...and probably partner sleeping in the bed Smile
Yup, that'd work. Maybe with an X percent chance of catching a disease? Then the player could have fun trying to figure out which working girl or gigolo has the lowest chance of spreading disease. But also giving a "blessing"-type of magic effect to reflect the, erm, positive experience. Maybe a minor boost to the Accuracy stat for a number of hours, sortof like doing it helps the player character relax?
I was thinking of a commercial site. With a shopping "mall".
For that, there should be a large building (a two storey) in which three to five shops have enough space.

Perhaps one of the models Caligula and Zarf are creating will be suitable (or can be adapted).

I was thinking of a butcher and a fish shop. Is anyone interested in making customized objects, like a slaughtered cow etc. ?
That's a great idea, sandor! Though it feels a bit funny to say that seeing as we discussed it over PMs some time ago, but it's good thinking to mention the idea in this thread, both so there's no risk of the idea being forgotten by accident when the exterior is set up and so that it's recorded publically. =)

I wonder if the new versions of the standard Redoran buildings Caligula/Zarf are making would be large enough to house a mall, unless a substantial part of it was below ground. Maybe the "Council Club" would work? That's easily much larger than any of the seven standard buildings. But then again I could probably model a wholly new building which is used just once, for your mall, if you'd like me to. A handdrawn design sketch would be very very handy in that case, and would ensure that the result is consistent with how you envisioned it. =)
How about a Jewelry and expensive clothes shop?

And a Fighters Guild, since the Imperial District has a mages guild (Unless there already is a fighters guild in the ID)

A bar like the theives guild place in Balmora, maybe it could have some theives guild quests if that fits lore?
Pages: 1 2 3 4