Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Spears, polearms and staves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the next release of the Reich Parkeep Alpha there'll be three new weapon types, which are quite original. I didn't make them or anything like that; they're from another mod. There's a spear, a polearm (really long axe), and a staff that can be used as a weapon, each in a couple different varieties.

I'd like to make good use of them, since they're nothing like that player would have seen in the standard game, so I thought they could be used in situations where the player would run into them often enough. My thoughts so far is that the spear could be used as the default weapon choice for our city guards, and that the polearm could be the weapon of choice for the castle guards, while the staffs could be sold in a weapons shop. What do you guys think?
We can add new weapon types through the CS?

Or would we have to fake it using pre-made weapon types? Methinks all-new weapon types would require new animations, which for some odd reason we can't mod in. We couldn't mod new animations for existing races for Morrowind either, if I am correct. Rather, NPCs and such couldn't get new animations.

Anyway, the new weapons look great... seeing them in-game would be refreshing. Also, I really like the ideas of guards using them. Not only do we get new weapons, we get to see them in action! And don't most mideval guards use spears anyway?
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
We can add new weapon types through the CS?

No, unfortunately they're still governed by the same old skills and using the same animations.

Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
Anyway, the new weapons look great... seeing them in-game would be refreshing. Also, I really like the ideas of guards using them. Not only do we get new weapons, we get to see them in action! And don't most mideval guards use spears anyway?

I think they did. Their longer reach gives them a substantial advantage over close-combat weapons like swords, especially when defending. I would imagine they're more cumbersome to attack with, and if a swordsman got close to a spearman he'd be toast since there wouldn't be room to maneuver the weapon.
Methinks they will need to make an appearance in Skyrim.
Looks awesome, but will we slot them under blunts or blades? Polearms, poles and staffs would be blunt, and the spears sword?
I have this mod, its really good. They are sold in a fighting chance if anyone wants to check them out.
Siegfried: Absolutely :yes:

Harikari: I brought them in by editing the plugin Jannix supplied with his mod and then merging it (and then I edited the Nifs- and texture filenames so they're organized under our folders). So, they already have their data set up from Jannix' mod. I'm modding an outdoor shop at the moment, which I plan to place in the Redoran District, and then everyone who wants to can check them out and give feedback on their data.
Those spears and polearms look awesome! It would be nice to see some flails (a spiked ball attatched to a chain attatched to a handle) or maybe a whip.
Whip...oh yeah...for the brothel...khajit female in leather with a whip Smile))))))))))