Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [RP Sewers] RPS 6 "Vampire Hideout"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Claim code (reference):
RPS 6 "Vampire hideout"

Estimate of size:
A pretty Large Sewer

Architectural Type:
Sewer

Freeform description of this claim:
This is a vantage point for attacking vampires, and a place for weaker vampires to hide. Enemies should range from lvl 8-15, and 17 for bosses. This should lead to a cave, that could lead to near one of the main Vampire clans main bases. Weapons should be Iron-steel, and armor fur-chainmail fo rlight armor, and for gheavy armor iron-Dwemer (Make sure Dwemer and Chainmail are on tougher enemies.

Make sure you snap to grid on, go into preferences, and put snap to grid to 32, click apply, and than enable it with the snap to grid icon. Make sure you have rotate to grid on too. If you don't have them on, it'll be really hard to mod a dungeon. You can turn them off when you are furnishing the sewer with objects/npcs/enemys etc.

Here is a good tutorial on dungeons http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...st_Dungeon

To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
btw, there is difference between Morrowind vampires and Cyrodiil vampires...How can it be done? Smile
I was reading a discussion thread about how they were going to integrate one of the vampire clans into the mod. For now you can make it a refuge for Vampires that were recently bit. I don't know if it would be possible, but you should make it so they don't attack you on site if you are a vampire if you decide to claim it.
Thing is... Morrowind vampires are different... genetically?... from Cyrodiilic vampires. Morrowind vampires can be MUCH more powerful, but their vampiric features are much more defined, and they can't suddenly look normal simply by feeding.
Thats why their hiding in a sewer, or another secluded place while a Cyrodiilic vampire like the count of skingrad might not have to hide as much.

This hideout would be for weaker vampires that recently transformed. The leaders, and the toughest ones would be in other places, and might use the sewers if they need to sneak in for some reason. Also good for a PC vampire, because there could be shops and beds and people to talk to and get quests from.
Hi there X23, here is the link to the poll thread for the ST Vampire Clan, the Cerro

Suggest that anyone wanting to mod the Cerro read it carefully as there is quite a tangle of ideas in there that have some very interesting, even unique resolutions, and people clearly came through with some strong concepts for it. To fit your sewer youngsters in with the heavy mob in the mountains you will have to think quite carefully about how you will present them.

To recap, I suspect that these youngsters will be the 'hunter-gatherers' that were discussed, and you must consider what they know of the 'ancient ones.' Also will there be a leader, and will the leader have more knowledge than the others? Note I said knowledge, not power.

As you are beginning to mod them you will have to define your own take on the Lore we have been working on and remain aware that Razorwing and Quentin (not heard from him in some time) and or the Core will likely take a serious interest in this, and may want you to go in a specific direction...because it looks as though this could be a joinable faction, so the Lore will be very important to game balance. eg, everyone will be fascinated by what you do, and have an opinion... Big Grin enjoy!

I will bump the thread so people generally can see it, and where it was heading.
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Hi there X23, here is the link to the poll thread for the ST Vampire Clan, the Cerro

Suggest that anyone wanting to mod the Cerro read it carefully as there is quite a tangle of ideas in there that have some very interesting, even unique resolutions, and people clearly came through with some strong concepts for it. To fit your sewer youngsters in with the heavy mob in the mountains you will have to think quite carefully about how you will present them.

To recap, I suspect that these youngsters will be the 'hunter-gatherers' that were discussed, and you must consider what they know of the 'ancient ones.' Also will there be a leader, and will the leader have more knowledge than the others? Note I said knowledge, not power.

As you are beginning to mod them you will have to define your own take on the Lore we have been working on and remain aware that Razorwing and Quentin (not heard from him in some time) and or the Core will likely take a serious interest in this, and may want you to go in a specific direction...because it looks as though this could be a joinable faction, so the Lore will be very important to game balance. eg, everyone will be fascinated by what you do, and have an opinion... Big Grin enjoy!

I will bump the thread so people generally can see it, and where it was heading.

I was reading the topic, and it could turn out that this claim could become part of a detailed faction. It would go along with what you said, how the weaker ones would be away from the ancients.

The sewer would branch of into a long cave, that would end up near their mountain base, or the manor (I would prefer a tomb in the mountains than a manor. or maybe even a manor in the mountains.) The swer would be an advantage for those going through it to reach the main Vampire base because it would go past their main guards. here is rough a ms paint sketch on how it would work

[GALLY]afjliewHuifea22222.JPG[/GALLY]

The main guards to that area deep in the mountains would be guarding the only road leading in. Their would be 2 weaker guards guarding the cave exit, but not many since most people would get slaughtered in the cave.
He, heh. Now a loooong and twisty, tortuous, neverending underground cave/sewer/tunnel/ruin network accross half the mainland could be very challenging and interesting - see Rodan's 'Rodan Wants Quest threads - there are some fun things there that this might link into or exploit as an aside...

Have to have a special way to hide the connections to the caves...
It would start out as a cave, and branch off into 2 Dwemer ruins. The first one could be connected to other high level dungeons maybe. But deep in the first one there would be the 2nd one that would be even harder, and only be connected to the Cerro clans main hideout.

Maybe in the what Rodan wants quest you go back to the main hideout to look for something after you destroy it (Also this quest would be totally non linear, you could either talk to people and raid all the dungeons, just stumble upon hte dungeons and keep going deeper in, or just go on up to the mountains and clear the hideout)
The what Rodan wants quest may link caves hidden within caves by teleport platfroms/gates, so the question is whether you and Rodan want to create or have any possible points of linkage. Directly (unlikely) or indirectly by sharing ideas and creating norms that can be used elsewhere = in both mods - just a thought.

Anyhows I am creating a link in a Blacklight Vampire Quest Developement thread to here so the background Lore can be harmonised as or if required.

Also here is a further link to a second Lore discussion about joinable factions that includes material about the Cerro.
Pages: 1 2