Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: brb... in August
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all.

This is kinda sudden, but I have to jump at this. I have the opportunity to leave the country and help out with media at a small bible camp in Manitoba, Canada. It lasts from July 2nd to the 15th, and I won't be able to do any work for Silgrad Tower in that time.

Not only that, but I'll be leaving Albuquerque and heading to Cheyenne, Wyoming (My place of birth) Saturday. I will be staying there until sometime in August. I will be able to work for Silgrad Tower there, but I won't have internet access most of the time. I will bring both of my computers, so I can render shadow maps and such while doing other things on my other computer.

I will have high-speed internet access every once in a while (Maybe twice a week), and that's it. I won't be posting nearly as much, and I won't be contributing as often. When I do contribute, I hope to have a lot of stuff to show.

So then. I'll be gone from the 10th of June until probably the 13th of August. I'll try to write up a shadow rendering tutorial so everybody can put their backs in to it while I'm gone. :-D
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
Hi all.

This is kinda sudden, but I have to jump at this. I have the opportunity to leave the country and help out with media at a small bible camp in Manitoba, Canada. It lasts from July 2nd to the 15th, and I won't be able to do any work for Silgrad Tower in that time.

Not only that, but I'll be leaving Albuquerque and heading to Cheyenne, Wyoming (My place of birth) Saturday. I will be staying there until sometime in August. I will be able to work for Silgrad Tower there, but I won't have internet access most of the time. I will bring both of my computers, so I can render shadow maps and such while doing other things on my other computer.

I will have high-speed internet access every once in a while (Maybe twice a week), and that's it. I won't be posting nearly as much, and I won't be contributing as often. When I do contribute, I hope to have a lot of stuff to show.

So then. I'll be gone from the 10th of June until probably the 13th of August. I'll try to write up a shadow rendering tutorial so everybody can put their backs in to it while I'm gone. :-D

... :O

I'm happy for ya, and hope you have a great time. Grandpappy Razorwing Wink was over there in the early '30s, laying railroads, and I've always had a fascination with Canada, ei. Partly I'm sure because I grew up watching Degrassi High and Kids in the Hall. With the cute accent of their people and their social system I've grown an impression that the country is a friendlier and mellower counterpart to the US.

Your absence changes some things, but I think it'll turn out okay in the end, and you'll always be welcome back to finish the skin maps for the buildings even if I finish them using the other technique. Could you email me the Redoran material you have, to razorwing@silgrad.com? Then I can continue from where you are now in the development, and put together the rest of the Redoran collection. It won't look as pretty as it could have, but from a mesh- and technical viewpoint I think it'll work out. And then when you come back, rested and tanned Big Grin perhaps you can pick up where you left off on the skin maps.
Well, this changes everything. I'm not leaving on the 10th, I'm leaving on the 17th, the Saturday after that. That's what I get for pre-emptive planning. Big Grin In any case, my shadow detail tutorial is up, so enjoy. :-D

I could send you the Redoran stuff that I have, but surely it will all be done in two weeks time. I have the easy stuff ahead of me... that is, getting the borders in place and applying the shadow maps (Which are doen and rendered) to the other maps. It will all be done soon, so there's really no need to burden you with this stuff. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
Well, this changes everything. I'm not leaving on the 10th, I'm leaving on the 17th, the Saturday after that. That's what I get for pre-emptive planning. Big Grin In any case, my shadow detail tutorial is up, so enjoy. :-D

I could send you the Redoran stuff that I have, but surely it will all be done in two weeks time. I have the easy stuff ahead of me... that is, getting the borders in place and applying the shadow maps (Which are doen and rendered) to the other maps. It will all be done soon, so there's really no need to burden you with this stuff. Big Grin

Ooh, okay. It would look mighty strange with basic-textured huts from me next to your cool ones, so, thank heavens for that hehe! :bananarock:
We'll miss you Zarf, take care up in Canada...eh...
Hope you have a good trip. I'm glad you're leaving on the 17th instead of the 10th.
I wonder what it'll be like without a Zarth Roffle around for a while...
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
We'll miss you Zarf, take care up in Canada...eh...
EH... ha, my firned has a shirt saying "eh" "why do we say it? because it is better than saying huh"
That is dire news indeed - just think of how many KuKulzA avatars you will miss in that time!
Somebody has GOT to keep tabs on that. I need dates and times. And preferably screenshots too. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2