Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ashkelon update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Done a little looking at the Ashkelon quest. It seems that the reason that nobody can convince Asmodeus that both brothers are dead is because Gorosh has his journal on him, not beside him. ?( Apparently a bug in MW does not trigger activation (at least with books) when transferred directly from a corpse to the PC's inventory. X( Once you get it, putting it on the ground and picking it back up does trigger it. If the PC does that, then Asmodeus says "Meet me in the temple!", runs to the door, and 'ports. The PC meets him in front of the forcefield, but he has lost all of his topics. If you disable collision and walk through the field, you meet Pyros and eventually fight. Defeating him brings out the demon within and goes into a dialogue loop.

My plans:

- Move the journal to beside Goroth,
- Add journal entries for both brothers if you haven't met 'Deus yet,
- Add some dialogue and scripting to let 'Deus bring down the field,
- At least temporarily kill the dialogue loop Smile
- Play out the quest after that and see what happens before further modification.

Thanks,
Steve
Sounds good to me

you got further than I did

I had moved Gorosh's Body inside the temple, and tryed to get the PC journel to update and it didn't work
So I figured that the next option was to place the book next to him
which did work
I had not gotten around to the forcefield

my changes have not been added so I will dis-continue what I was doing
in that area

looks like you got it under control

let me know how it plays out

Thanks
Bob
I've played out the Ashkelon quest. Smile I did the following:
- moved the journal,
- added an assassin hoodie to make upstairs Asmodeus look like downstairs Asmodeus (two different NPCs),
- added a dialogue topic "mystic barrier" to UA to disable the force field, which I renamed "mystic barrier" to keep it medieval =)
- fixed a script error to get to the final fight scene.

I really did not change the flow at all; just fixed a couple of things, with a bit of spackling around the lowering of the mystic barrier ( dialogue, journal topics, and a little NPC action.-)

Thanks,
Steve
Outstanding

Look forward to playing it through

Bob

Edit Note: This quest bug has been fixed and is complete