Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Construction of the province
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Do we yet have plans to begin construction of Vvardenfell? Just wondering if we have a date as of yet (I know we need models and such) and if not, wheather any scripts or anything need to be written in the mean time as I learn the OBscript language conventions (ugh).
Vvardenfell is only part of the Morrowind province, you know.

I'm hoping we can share the same worldspace as Silgrad Tower to make the province continuous.
currently leaders of the Morrowind mods are discussing this issue right now...
should we all go into our own landscapes or make one BIG Morrowind for all Morrowinders
Only problem with making Vvardenfell huge is... if we make it TOO big, Red Mountain can get outside of the view distance range. I'd like to be able to see it from all parts of the island. (I'll have to check to see how far the view distance goes... I know where it starts to become completely fogged, but I don't know where it completely drops off.)
Does that mean we aren't going to use the normal LOD (images) ?
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Does that mean we aren't going to use the normal LOD (images) ?
?! The distant lands thing only has a range of so much. Pay very close attention in TES4, and you might notice mountains suddenly popping in/out in the distance when you change cells.

[strike]Edit: Ok, where it starts to become completely fogged IS where the view distance drops off. Which, sadly... isn't THAT far.[/strike]

Ok, I think we should make Vvardenfell 4 times the size it was in TES3, which is the same scale that will be used by Silgrad Tower/Blacklight.
Even bigger than the normal Vvardenfell was? Do you have any idea how long that's going to take? I would like to be a living person when it finishes, and not leave this project in the - hopefully - very capable hands of my (future-)grandchildren....!
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Even bigger than the normal Vvardenfell was? Do you have any idea how long that's going to take? I would like to be a living person when it finishes, and not leave this project in the - hopefully - very capable hands of my (future-)grandchildren....!
It doesn't take nearly as long as it did with TES3 to make the landmass and place down many of the objects. (Though, let's not randomly generate TOO many objects...)
That, and with the massive view distance and faster running speed, we NEED to do this to make our world not seem small.
this project will be completed if I have to end up modding the entire island myself! :bounce:
I suck at everything except scripting (never really tried anything else) but I agree with kukulza. I will finish this if I have to work with only one or two other people and finish it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8