Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New Velothi Tileset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
As you may know, I'm working on a velothi tileset. This is what I have so far. It's still missing center tiles, a door piece and a sloped tile. Please tell me what you think. Wink
Very nice, very nice. Even looks better than the TES3 one.
Though, just for some more detail, perhaps you could make some alternate wall tiles with Daedric writing (use Dongle's "Oblivion" font for this, not the Daedric font Bethesda made) and various temple symbols (well, ignore the Great House symbols in that image... or, on second thought, maybe you should use those) engraved in them? And broken pillars, broken walls, broken floors, broken ceilings, broken braziers...
I'm making quite a list. :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Very nice, very nice. Even looks better than the TES3 one.
Thanks. Big Grin

Though, just for some more detail, perhaps you could make some alternate wall tiles with Daedric writing (use Dongle's "Oblivion" font for this, not the Daedric font Bethesda made) and various temple symbols (well, ignore the Great House symbols in that image... or, on second thought, maybe you should use those) engraved in them?

Can do, If there's enough demand for it.

And broken pillars, broken walls, broken floors, broken ceilings...
I already have broken pillars, would have to make a small version, though. Broken walls/ceilings are a good idea, but I want to finish the basic set first.
It looks splendid ! Smile
Currently the columns are integrated in the tileset. Each tile has versions with different quarter columns, that make up a full column when placed next to each other. Do you think I should continue doing it this way, or do you think it would be better to have only a basic tile and place the columns by hand? Having separate columns would result in fewer tiles and for these I could put in collision boxes using NifSkope, so that they are easy to set up. I wouldn't do that for the integrated column version, because placing those boxes is a pain, and each tile has up to 5 variations.
It'll likely be hand-placed columns. (Of course, integrated columns are good for lazy people.)
As for the engravings, those should be seperate objects as well (non-collision... maybe with some slight parallax mapping?).
Ok, I think I won't continue the integrated tiles. I can still do them when (if?!?!) beth releases a proper exporter.

Hmm making the engravings separate pieces won't work, unless I break up the wall tiles (tile without section of the wall where the engravings would be + normal wall piece + engraved piece). I don't really want to do that. What I'm planning to do for the broken stuff is providing the broken out parts as separate objects, so that you can place them on the floor, lean them against the wall, etc.

On a second thought, this might actually be a good idea. Oh and thanks for the feedback.... Wink
I meant more like... for example, the Sixth House chalk drawing tiles in TES3. (Though, now that I think about it, you can't use parallax mapping with it, since you'd need to use an opacity map.)
Ahh ok, but breaking up the wall tiles is still a good idea for creating broken versions. Otherwise I'd waste disk space / memory by making a full tile, just for a broken part of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12