Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Appropriate flora for the RP region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which types of traditional Morrowind flora do you think would be appropriate for the Reich Parkeep region?

The city lies in the northwest part of the mainland Morrowind Province, about on the same longitude (~west of) as Ald'ruhn. (Reference) The region would simply be the mainland area around it. The area is supposed to be dominated by forested hills and would probably not be unlike the West Gash on Vvardenfell.

Up until now, the appropriate flora has been as good as synonymous with "everything I bring in" Wink but to keep the overall mod visually interesting I don't think every region should have every type of flora.

Personally I think that particularly Bitter Coast and Ashland flora shouldn't be in the region. I modelled a complete set of BC flora, which is included in the mod but not used anywhere, but I haven't looked at Ashland flora at all. Naturally, unlike Ald'ruhn, there's no ashlands around Reich Parkeep. But those two flora categories are easily defined, while others may not be, so... what do you think?
I think that there should be west gash type flora, but some normal trees like in RP mixed in, because it is nearer to Cyrodiil than the West Gash. Also the scattered mushroom, but not many of them, Hlaalu and Telvanni had the mushrooms near them in ES 3, not Redoran.
Well, this areas seems a bit greener than West Gash is, and if you are talking about the city itself then I think we should take into accout the fact that residence are free to try and grow unnatural plants in their gardens.

Id imagine Chokeweed and kreshweed growing naturally there (like in West Gash), and weather (hehe, get it?) its natural or not, perhaps gold kanet and comberry would look nice around houses?
yeah..caligula brings up a good point

especially in the citiy, a variety of plants will be grown, since residence will most likely just grow what they thing looks best, or is most functional... keep that in mind.. even if a plant is native to this area, the residents of Reich Parkeep would not want it around if it is say, ugly and poisonous. they would want whatever makes the city look nice, and/or provides useful items.
It's true that a person living in the city could nurture unusual plants, but what I was mostly thinking about was that the longitude of the city would imply a temperate/subarctic climate, meaning some flora just wouldn't be able to survive there. Choke- and kreshweed, like Caligula Superfly mentions, would probably be perfect for this kind of almost Scottish Highland-type region. While plants like comberry and hackle-lo would probably rather be found in a temperate/subtropic region, like the Ascadian Isles.

I checked out the West Gash in the old CS, and it seems to predominately be home to:
- Chokeweed
- Kreshweed
- Roobrush
- Mucksponges

Perfect... neither of those have been modelled. Ehem. But yeah, for a mostly temperate, forested hill area, those would be the dominant flora types I think. But I'd like to go beyond that and include the emperor parasols, especially since there aren't any custom tree alternatives yet and they're great for filling up space. Gold kanet, willow flower, black anther and stoneflower wouldn't feel out of place either (I hope) so if it's ok I'll keep the ones I placed, but they wouldn't be as dominant outside the city walls.

Comberry, corkbulb and hackle-lo should probably go, though. Ash yam could remain I think, as a cultivated plant.