Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Underworld
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In What Rodan Wants thread and RPS6 discussion there are ideas that a set of connected dungeons\caves\caverns should be created. They are connected with some kind of teleportation. So I've created this thread to discuss this rather than discussing in 2-3 threads.

There is no physical connection between them (some are connected, some are not), only teleportation. All of them are in separate worldspace. They can be physically on all the area of Tamriel, have some exits on the surface (in our case on the area of ST mod). Some will be involved in quests, some are just for exploring and getting treasures. Here's my proposal for teleportation:

I've never met stationary teleports in TES. Yes, there are teleport spells and gate, but they are all temporary, powered by magicka. If we make stationary ones - they'll need some kinda power sources. F.e. you come across teleport gate, it's shut. Then PC needs to put Varla or Welkynd stone (there will be difference, as Welkynd will make gates shut after use again, and Varla will make it virtually permanent (10 years for example, which is permanent for PC).
There could be even a quest - to find out how to power the gates. Smile I like the idea.

What do you think about this?
I supposeI will have to make a link from the vampire sewers thread to here, but for the moment here is the reply I made to your last post there:
Quote:As the what Rodan wants Quest is a Rodan (project leader of Blackilight) special I think you should discuss the gates with him as well as X23 to harmonise, and if he is happy share lore, etc. The possibility to link quests in different mods is very exciting, but project leaders have to be consulted both from courtesy and necessity = to make stuff work!

You might consider the Teleport that Divayth Fyr had in TES3 to a corner of the plane of Oblivion, there may be some clues there how to saet such a thing up. And it is mentioned somewhere on the Forums here.

The other thought that comes to mind is that there are power crystals now - and a Teleport Gate from one local area to another will not need to be so powerful as an interdimensional port to Oblivion. After all you could hold the Mark spell as lng as you wanted without drain on your resources in TES3, so the spell itself created a permanent 'gate' that you anchored to a location, and you just needed to cast the Recall to activate it.

You might argue that this was no big deal as these spells were freely available in the Mages Guild, unless Azura was directly interfering with your experience and that of the Guild mages in TES3 (through your link as Her Avatar) and giving you access to Daedra Prince level magic... not sure if that is Her style though...

Here is a link to the What Rodan Wants Thread. And there is a link there too. Maybe that will get everyone together on this. Strongly suggest thast you contact Rodan on this though...

Arrrgh, I see you posted a link there at the same time. Great Minds. O' course I ahve a brain but no mind innit - cos me mind is elswhere! Big Grin
The link is on the top - check it Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
The other thought that comes to mind is that there are power crystals now - and a Teleport Gate from one local area to another will not need to be so powerful as an interdimensional port to Oblivion. After all you could hold the Mark spell as lng as you wanted without drain on your resources in TES3, so the spell itself created a permanent 'gate' that you anchored to a location, and you just needed to cast the Recall to activate it.

I think Marking is remembering the target location or anchoring the target location with some means, not opening permanent gate from PC to location Smile And it requires power of caster to move him. Stationary Teleport Gates are different - everyone can use them, without casting spells, and the items can be moved there too.
Why they are needed - for example, younger vampires need to transport ' human cattle' to their main base.

The idea is Teleport Gate to another area requires power source, but source is not as strong as the Sigil Stone - Welkynd stone is the example.

And besides, I like the idea of having PC to look for the keys and power sources to unlock the different parts of this underworld.
Probably it's better to combine keys and power sources - f.e. the Teleport Gate requires the key, which is the power source, and has it's own shape to fit into Teleport Gate - that's why the key for each gate is unique.

I'll contact Rodan.

EDIT: To conclude:
Recall opens gate for indefinitely small part of second, permanent gate supports the connection always.
Recall requires some casting abilities from entering person, gate doesn't.
Recall transports caster, gate - everyone who enters.
As Recall uses caster's magicka to transport him, gate will need some power to support permanent link.
Great idea about powering teleports with welkynd and varla stones, this underworld sounds interesting. But who put the teleports down there in the first place?
I saw this thread an I was thinking that the dungeons leading to the Canyon where the vampire hideout. There should be outside places part of the main worldspace in the canyon, that would be thin and long, and secrets leading to the main mountain.

Another idea I had were multiple ways to get there. Teleporst could be one, and you would be teleported around killing people until you got to teleporter leading to inside the entrance of the main base. And the base could be a castle or manor thats as big as a castlevania game.
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
Great idea about powering teleports with welkynd and varla stones, this underworld sounds interesting. But who put the teleports down there in the first place?
maybe some crazy mage Smile))) like in Forgotten Realms Smile dunno yet