Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc37 "North District Battlements"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Claim code (reference):
rpc37 "North District Battlements"

Architectural Type:
Castle Interior

Freeform description of this claim:
The "N. D. Battlements" is a large connecting passageway that goes inside the whole north wall system. You can't enter it directly; the only ways in or out is through the six guardtowers dotted along the wall. The passageway has been in the Alpha for some time, but it isn't detailed, which is what the jist of this claim is - if anyone feels up to it.

Just start up a new plugin dependant on Oblivion.esm and Reich_Parkeep.esm, and mod straight in the existing cell. Please don't change the ID of the cell as I've gotten indications that that will make the merging process more difficult. You can add one or more NPC guards who patrols the battlements if you like.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on oblivion.esm and Reich_Parkeep.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a pathgrid.
can I claim this one?

What should I place inside - I guess some storage clutter, maybe some arrows - and light sources?
HITD: Just a heads-up. I modded the North Guardtower to be the residence of an older guard who used to train the guarddogs. The East Guardtower is in the process, but I am creating a heavily fortified central room. The second floor will have weapons and armor. There will be a basement, also, which will support a (fairly substantial) number of either foreign troops or a rest area for troops during a seige. The North Guardtower is public space, open to anyone coming or going and gives out a wolf pelt gathering quest. The East Guardtower will be locked up and off-limits. I don't know if this helps, but if it gives you ideas - great! Good modding!
Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
can I claim this one?

What should I place inside - I guess some storage clutter, maybe some arrows - and light sources?

Granted :check: Big Grin

Yes, any kind of normal clutter would be perfect. Rugs, bookcases (with books or other items), paintings, barrels, crates, chests, drawers... pretty much anything that wouldn't feel too out of place. Perhaps the various castle interiors of the main game can also provide examples of what the player would expect to find there?

(Oh and btw don't use anything with "dung" in the ID, it's textured to look good in really dark surroundings and look really bad in usual light)

In case you'd like to bring in custom Imperial-style stuff from other mods, that'd work great to (assuming the ToS says other modders can use the stuff), but you don't have to.
Weapon racks, arrow slots, barrels full of arrows, that kind of thing is always useful in this kind of setting. Lot of rusty iron swords too. It's a shame that spear holders don't exist any more... Anyway, those are just suggestions.
finished lightning

thinking about subspaces. As towers divide battlements in few parts, there should be subspaces. as there are no such big subspaces in game, shoud I place "subspacesmalldoor" near all doors? will it work?
About the subspaces.

As each section of the battlements is connected to two other interior cells. I don't see a problem for the NPC's in finding their way.
Also, there will be no interruption of the pathgrid as it is the case, in the towers. The NPC will go (if he has to) to the next part of the battlements via the the towers (another cell).

In my opinion the subspaces aren't necessary. Let me know what you think.
Ah, yes, you are right Smile) It makes things much easier
Hope it's done Smile check it
I'll look through the file this evening.
Pages: 1 2 3