Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc43 "South District Battlements"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Update on this: I've finished cluttering the south wall, those new bottles came in handy. Smile

Also, about the secret passage, I think maybe a secret chamber would be a little more appropriate.

BTW: What about where the guards I mod will sleep? Do I have to make another area for that?
Hrm... Something tells me getting the teleportation for up and down ladders will get very tedious... Especially considering each of the nine towers is multilayered (at least two floors), and a lot have two different sets of doors, and each tower has about two doors that link to it's appropriate area of the Keep wall. :eek:

Anyway, Razorwing, is it alright with you if I add a trapdoor to the barracks? And can I create an area for the guards I will mod to sleep other than the barracks?
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Hrm... Something tells me getting the teleportation for up and down ladders will get very tedious... Especially considering each of the nine towers is multilayered (at least two floors), and a lot have two different sets of doors, and each tower has about two doors that link to it's appropriate area of the Keep wall. :eek:

Anyway, Razorwing, is it alright with you if I add a trapdoor to the barracks? And can I create an area for the guards I will mod to sleep other than the barracks?

When I modded the north battlements I resorted to setting up a tower cell and then duplicating it X number of times, then I went in and customized each cell to some degree so it fith with the exterior layout. Since the towers had to look the same anyway I thought that was a good idea. I still had to set up and fix the teleportations for each cell, but it didn't take very long.

Yes of course, go right ahead. sandor and HeIsTheDarkness (and me, maybe) are looking into the guard situation in Reich Parkeep, because the ones I set up don't really work and the whole guard system could do with an overhaul anyway. I can't say how that would affect your guards. Do they only patrol the battlements? If so I think they would be left alone in the plans and patrol schedules we (or they) come up with for the overall guard situation in the city.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

When I modded the north battlements I resorted to setting up a tower cell and then duplicating it X number of times, then I went in and customized each cell to some degree so it fith with the exterior layout. Since the towers had to look the same anyway I thought that was a good idea. I still had to set up and fix the teleportations for each cell, but it didn't take very long.

Yes of course, go right ahead. sandor and HeIsTheDarkness (and me, maybe) are looking into the guard situation in Reich Parkeep, because the ones I set up don't really work and the whole guard system could do with an overhaul anyway. I can't say how that would affect your guards. Do they only patrol the battlements? If so I think they would be left alone in the plans and patrol schedules we (or they) come up with for the overall guard situation in the city.

If you're going to redo a lot of them, you'll need a lot of places for the guards to sleep, and also I'd be interested in lending a hand. There's probably going to be a lot of guards, after all.
I thought about guard patrolling battlements while working on NID battlements. Now I think there's no need to guard battlements, as they can be accessed only through towers, which are locked and guarded. And - doors from towers to battlements are locked too.
Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
I thought about guard patrolling battlements while working on NID battlements. Now I think there's no need to guard battlements, as they can be accessed only through towers, which are locked and guarded. And - doors from towers to battlements are locked too.

Well, I was planning on having some patrol the area, as it is full of valuable stuff (some). And my battlements wouldn't be fun if it was locked. :poorme: I put several archer areas and armouries... here's the ESP so far, if you still have the models from earlier, the painting should be the only problem with loading (in otherwords, there are other files). Anyway, that is so far, not even near finished yet, if you're interested in having a look at it so far.
the main problem is to set guard on patrol - as starting point and ending are separated by towers, which are other cells, guard will have dificulties finding path. We have either to play with subspaces - or to make a patrol script instead of packages. I'm going to test scripting tomorrow
Probably Subspaces. Smile

Anyway, I was thinking maybe just have some of the doors locked so that only certain areas are accessible?
Anyway, I was thinking maybe just have some of the doors locked so that only certain areas are accessible?

This works fine when the following conditions are met.

No interruption of the Pathgrid.
No entering of the same cell via another cell (for example via a tower).
The locked door in question is "not owned by the NPC".
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
The locked door in question is "not owned by the NPC".

Or owned by the guard faction...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5