Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vivec in our mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
this thread is to decide how Vivec will be portrayed in our mod
( by the way I have a friend called Vivek so pardon me if I spell it tha way! :lol: )

NOTE: this is sorta a continuation of the discussion on Vivec between Axen and I
A lot of people agree (on the TES lore forum too) that Vivec is forever two halves... which is why I say he is Vehk and Vivec at the same time (admittedly, I'm really not sure about him being Vehk, Vehk, and Vivec...).
I think when he's a normal mortal, he should fully retain his mortal personalityf. There could be a part where he apologizes to the Nerevar as his self andnot as Vivec being in half or 3/4's control.

I also think finding the Nerevar should be a Side quest, but if you do find him it would have a good effect on the main quest, and it'd be a way to have a new ending.
I don't think Vivec's power is fully diminished... he still has a lot of it, just not nearly as much as he did the last time he replenished it. In any case, Vivec is still tainted, as shown in the Trial of Vivec (which takes place after the events in TES3, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon).
alright, I'll take note of what we all think as we go along by editting my first post...

I think that IF we go by Vehk and Vivec, we need to let both shine through now and then...
Vehk is the naive love-needing poet-warrior... Vivec is the knowledgeable and watchful and wise god...
however, Vehk is the one who is kind-hearted and wants to be loved...
Vivec is the god who wants to be loved by his people...

so it is a different sense of love...
one love is for earned love and to prove oneself... more mutual, this is the love Vehk wants
the other is a sort of submission love, a worship, and this is the "bad love" Vivec wants

we agree?

EDIT: I think he is still very much Vivec but his Vehk is starting to pop up more often, now his god-hood is gone... even though he retains a lot of power and is still in the mindset of being a god... Vivec
Vehk/Vivec is both beings at the same time... Vehk is in pursuit of gaining love, Vivec is in pursuit of power. One of them is represented by the Dunmer-ish half, the other is represented by the Chimer-ish half. I would think that the Dunmer half is Vehk and the Chimer half is Vivec, because Almalexia's appearance wholly Chimer-like and she's concerned only with her divinity, and Sothia Sil's appearance is wholly Dunmer and he no longer really cares about divinity.
The kind of person Vehk/Vivec is is determined by what both halves want. Neither can stop each other due to Lorkhan's curse on all who walk Nirn forever being in pursuit of something better; so, Vehk does things to gain the love of the people (and for his love of them back), such as stopping Baar Dan from crashing and stopping the rock of Maar Gan (what was it called again?) from being thrown at the town. Vivec does things to gain power, like... well, stealing the godhood obviously, among many other things. What he did at the Trial of Vivec was both an act of Vehk and Vivec: Vehk did it because Azura cursed the people he loves, and Vivec did it because Azura sent the Nerevarine (and, CHIM is mentioned by Vivec several times before he banishes Azura... did he also do what he did to achieve it?).

In Vehk/Vivec's fullest godhood, Vehk surfaced just as often as Vivec did. After his power started to diminish after losing Sunder and Keening, Vehk started popping up more often than Vivec, though Vivec was still around. Everything (or almost everything) he says to you in TES3 is apparently Vehk.
true true, well stated...

all except that Sotha Sil is not Dunmerish... he is more of a dark tan-grey...
Almalexia kept her golden, she didn't change... she stayed the same passionate, manipulative, and sexy queen she was... just more powerful... Vehk became sort of split, this godly personna is a different aspect of his nativ epersonality..
but I think Sotha Sil became sort of mixed because this godhood to him was more of a tool, a wonder to fathom... except he grew to regret the godhood and was filled with guilt... but I think his represents a sort of merge....
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Well, still darker nonetheless.

Edit: Mwahahaha! 777th post!
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Well, still darker nonetheless.

Edit: Mwahahaha! 777th post!
big deal
haha, I remember when I saw that... but that was a long time ago... I think I am the second biggest poster on these forums... :eek:
Hmm... the hidden message in Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes, Vol. III...
"The oath-breakers woe every reader, that once understood CHIM, he endeth starlight"
Possibly a reference to the Tribunal? (Sorry if this is off topic, but I just noticed that and thought it was interesting.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5