Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Discussing Lore: Noble Class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've looked at the lore and saw this thread: Gen. Morrowind Lore: Explaining Morrowind's Noble Class , it explains the noble classes, now 4 noble titles aren't much ain't it? I know it's small but wouldn't it be fitting to create something under Baron? Like Count? What I mean is: shouldn't there be royal titles like Knight or something, I know it's a detail but those details are what made Morrowind such a great game...

Floris "Cuthalion" Schreuder
I've updated the article now, which I had written before Oblivion was released. The title of Count is a new lore addition from Oblivion, I think.

Noble titles fluctuate depending on culture, but generally Baron is lower than Count and Count is lower than Duke. In ES, Dukes are second only to the royal family. I grouped Knights and similar into "Lesser nobles" because they didn't have much bearing on what I wanted to highlight with the article; i.e. who has power over towns and regions.

There's no basis for making Remo a Baron other than that he was a Baron in the TES3 mod. Logically he should be a Count, I guess. I didn't think about it back then.
ok, but it should be clear there ?s a lesser noble chain...!
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
ok, but it should be clear there ?s a lesser noble chain...!

Pitch one and if it's good, I'll update the article and mention your contribution. =)