Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Enhancing Vvardenfell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I realize that this project is finally getting off the ground. That's good. But, I think we aren't realizing something with our city\location concept art:

We are using Morrowind as a Piece-for-Piece guide. THAT is a bad move. We have the Oblivion CS, and with it the ability to create beautiful cities and forts.

I think we should enhance Vvardenfell, not just recreate Morrowind. A couple of pointers\ideas:

-RAI is much more powerful than what was used in ability. For example, you can use it so that: When Stormy -> Put on Storm Shirt. People will chance clothes at night, go to bed, wake up, put on new clothes, ect. All very easy, no FPS drop either.

-Use realistic city planning. As a general rule-of-thumb, use this table. It goes from center to walls, to outskirts.

1.) (Center) Fort(Hlaulla, Redoran), Tower (Telvanni), Castle
2.) Council\Faction\Politcal Buildings
3.) (Inner Circle Inner Walls) 10 Ft High, 2 ft Wide Wall, with Small Towers
4.) Rich Apartments
5.) Specialized Stores
6.) (Inner Circle Outer Walls) 6 Ft High, 2 Ft Wide Wall, with Small Towers
7.) Apartments
8.) Open Air Markets
9.) Apartmants
10.) (Outer Walls) 4 Ft High, 2 Ft Wide walll, with Small Towers & Gatehouse
11.) Poor Apartments
12.) Slums
13.) Poor Open Air Market
14.) Farms\Ect

Most towns should be cramped, dirty, and very gritty. However, if done correctly, this should produce a beautiful atmosphere and will immerse the player in the world.

-Dvd
So you want every city to look like a dirty Imperial or Hlaalu city? :/
DvD, you do realize that if we would follow your guidelines, we wouldn't be creating morrowind anymore, now would we?

(I'm only talking about the city plan which would indeed, create the best cities. However, it doesn't serve this particular purpose.)
I partially agree...
but we need to balance between better/enhancement and what it was like...

now Gnisis is the model town, Temple in the center, market around it, huts around that, a tavern nearby, an outpost, and around that the muckspunge plots and mines, and then on the outskirts, the wizard Baladas in this Velothi dome and an Imperial Fort.
but I hope you remember that these are new territories/colonies, or tiny hamlets that suddenly boomed with the new colonization... they are all traditional cities... like on the mainland and all that...

and I am not against a tiny number of redesigned towns... like Gnaar Mok is slightly redone this time... and perhaps Ald-Velothi Khuul can be resdesigned, but no more than that
Hardware requirements must also be taken into consideration.
i think it is a very good idea for imperial cities, well, a very good idea for almost all cities, but that just isn't Vvardenfell. Vvardenfell is a slum-area compared to the mainland, and its cities aren't put together as they should have been. i think that any major add-ons to cities could go by a version of this rule, but otherwise i think we make the parts that are 100% Dunmer stay 100% Dunmer.
I agree with final reclaimer. It would just be confusing to have the city entirely different than how it was.
Whe can expand certain cities of course. Sadrith mora especially. With the growth of vines comes new building and expansion
Khuul and Ald Velothi I don't mind being changed in setup... seeing as how I think Ald Velothi should have lots of Velothi living there... and Khuul should be a bit more Redoran....
Gnisis is getting expanded (as well as most towns)....

I am thinking of having Hla Oad, Khuul, and Ald Velothi all changed to the more traditional set up with a small Temple in the middle... Gnaar Mok will change as had already been discussed. Suran will be expanded silghtly Balmora will expand into a bigger city, as well as Sadrith Mora which will grow a bit more (literally) and have a army-camp in the northern tip of the isle. Molag Mar will have more residents and maybe some Velothi homes outside due to high influx of Indoril refugees. Shishi is now a small Redoran town... and Tel Branora's docks are now a small bustling port (also due to influx of Indoril refugees). Vivec might have two more cantons... and Dagon Fel as well as Ald Redaynia will be significantly changed.

On Ald ruhn, buckmoth fort will be destroyed and signs of past siege will be seen. Also, there will be more defenses (and more ruined ones) and a few more homes including the Vando Clanhall, the HQ of Vampire Hunters of Vvardenfell run by the Vando Clan.