Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ulfthred Village
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ideas for Nord Village

After looking through all the posts regarding this village I came to a few conclusions, the most important being that this region was really never initially intended on being here

But it is

So here are a few ideas I have been thinking of

Its a small village of Nords, 4 in all
Also their is a corpse west of the village, a dead nord and another Nord west of the Ancient Gate

3 quests

First quest will eventually lead to the second quest but they will not be dependant on one or the other

#1 Call it "Poor Children"

The local Inn " The Bristleback" is run by Angrim Stronghead and his family. About a month ago a giant snow bear made its way to the village and attacked killing Angrims wife, and though the other villagers came to fight the bear ran off....... Angrim gathers his armor and weapons and prepares to go out and find this bear!!!

Leaving his village and his 2 children he sets off, after several days of tracking he comes across a small dark cave, he enters the cave and immediatly recognizes the track "the bear is here" cautiously he winds throught the cave deeper and deeper. when suddenly, out of nowhere comes the paw of a giant bear, he is stunned but gathers his strength quickly, thrusting at the bear with is powerful axe, he fights! slashing the bear several times, blood splattering across his face and body. but the bear is massive and much to strong eventually Angrim is worn and beaten, the bear mawls him ripping his body apart (sad)

In comes the hero (you) you come across the village, a small quite place, you speak to the locals about rumors in the area and they tell you of the "poor children"... Enter the Bristleback you find Rina and her younger brother Angrim Jr. you talk to her, she tells you the sad tale of her mother and tells you of her father going off to find the bear "he's been gone nearly a week, I fear he may be dead" she tells you..... can you find him please!

you agree and set off to find Angrim and return him home, you search and search finally you come across the cave, you enter it "smells like something died in here" you think as the stench of rotting corpse enters your nostrils
you move through the cave slowly and you see it, the remains of something "could it be him" looking around you see a helm and an axe surely this must be Angrim but where is that bear, searching around you see and inlet to another dark area, you go in, and their you find it still showing the scars of the previous battle, you charge ! little did you realize how powerful this bear was, even wounded, it puts up a great fight but alas you are victorious, you hack the bears head off to return it as prove
but what do do about Angrim.

as you begin to gather his belongings out of the corner of your eye you see something, a dim glow coming from around a corner, what could it be
you look being cautious you turn the corner but you see nothing, suddenly a flicker catches your attention... you look closer and discover a very narrow path way...........

Quest 2 The Falmer

It is well believed that the Falmer are gone, just like the Dwemer are all gone. but as anyone who played MW we know that their is one Dwemer alive and well (maybe not so well) living in Tel Fyr

My Idea here is to bring back 1 Falmer in the same respect, a surviver of a race that was destroyed, His/her family escaped taking refuge in this shelter and has remained here since the only one left, but he has a story to tell you...

The Falmer has been here since his family took refuge, he/she knows its time to die and go wherever falmer go but he/she can't
seems that over the years the deeper parts of the cave have been taken over by ice goblins, and though his/her magic has kept them at bay he/she has slowly had to move closer to the surface leaving behind treasured possesions, family heirlooms and his/herr family journal....one item in particular is all he/she is concerned with, it is a gem a special gem which will allow his/her spirit to enter the afterworld, without it he/she can not die and must fight to survive the pulling of Death

In comes the hero (you) The falmer will ask you to recover this gem
you agree and he/she removes the forcefield so that you may enter the deeper caves, be warned says the falmer " I can not re-open the forcefield the only thing that will return you is the power of the gem, when it is close enough to sense me the field will be lifted

Thats all I got for now
Bob
I like, but the Falmer quest should go a bit different if the PC is a nord. Or maybe a script causing any Nords in the cell to attack the falmer? Companion compatability, me sez.
Update 6/22

Im about finished with the interiors, I will soon need someones help making an Ice Goblin and Ice Elf :yes: I recall way back when somewhere in the posts I saw that someone had made them, if anyone knows where I can get it please !!

Thanks
Bob

Definitly something we have to consider since even I usually play a Nord Character

I dont think companion mods allow for those things to happen, I believe they are scripted to attack only when prevoked or when the player sets it up that way
otherwise they would attack everyone within distance, I'm not sure !

for persons playing nord characters who forwhatever reason would want to immediatly attack the Falmer, that of course is up to them, but they will miss out on a quest and some good loot.

We could set it up that as soon as you enter the area where the falmer is the dialogue opens up regardless of the PC race. The Falmer can plead for his/her life, just asking that you listen to what he/she offers

Bob