Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: "Morrowind Legion" - ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my idea for the Morrowind Legion is this...

As at least half of the Imperial Legions' were moving out leaving small garrisons, Morrowind became less stable. Thus in order to control areas beyond Hlaalu and Dres territory, Helseth needs an army for direct regime authority...
Thus he takes remaining Legions and absorbs them into a growing Morrowind Legion. These Legionaires are recruited from prisoners of war, refugees, and Dunmeri folk driven off their lands, they are given a new purpose, to fight for Helseth. All along the Dres-Hlaalu-Indoril borders, Dunmer villages are getting displaced and Clans unsure of their alliegences.... thus Helseth creates a Morrowind Legion with his red-wolf for the emblem and gives them all uniforms. Even women are allowed in the army. He makes them all swear an oath of loyalty to him and to him only, his generals must have been given authority from Helseth himself. These are disillusioned folk who are now given a new life to fight for this king and are promised a new land should Helseth be successful... however to ensure success, these soldiers are told their oath to Helseth transcends all clan ties and any disobedience or cowardice will be paid with death.
He takes from the best, the dicipline of the Legions, the equality and martial prowess of the Redoran, the desperation of the Hlaalu-Dres-Indoril refugees, as well as the strength of oath and his own ruthless strategies and tactics...

However on Vvardenfell there has been a unique situation. As the land is volatile and the Legions few, the Fighters Guild and Legions have combined to form an Imperial Guard faction. This is under partial command of Duke Vedam Dren who is in close coordination with this new faction to keep Vvardenfell safe and policed.
The Morrowind Legion will probably be trained by Imperial military trainers and advisors but when they go to Vvardenfell are likely to absorb the forts of Pelagiad, Hawkmoth, and Moonmoth, and the Legions there will have to be guides and trainers for the incoming Dunmeri legions. Do doubt Duke Vedam Dren will be worried about the advance of large numbers of mainland forces. For one his rule is likely to be limited as Helseth is extending his direct control and not going through the Duke. Secondly, the Duke is reliant on the Morrowind Legion as his own Legions are being made to work for the Morrowind Legion, a darker and more ruthless version of the Legion, a sort of Dunmeri version...
this means that there will be a split inthe Imperial guard with those who wish to serve in the Legions and those who would stay with the Guard and join up in the Guilds of the Fighters. Additionally it would make for interesting quests between Helseth and Duke Vedam Dren... who isn't against Helseth's rule (which helps maintain his) but is concerned with Helseth becoming too powerful and aggressive.

what do you guys think?
Interesting.
I need some time to set it right in my head. Big Grin
Interesting idea... Or is that what I just read above? ?(

Anyway, I like this darker version of the legion, and as there's no emperor, there isn't really much holding Helseth's leesh. This could be very interesting if it were unclear which side was the good side here, have the forces balanced... Have it as a single faction at first, but then have a crossroads (like in Raven Rock) where the player is forced to choose between Helseth or Dren. If the player chooses Helseth so he's a loyal servant of the Empire (so to speak), the player will start gaining Helseth's trust... But learn why the Duke is at odds with the King after performing several distasteful duties. Later, the player can choose once more...
and then maybe that will affect HOW you fight the war... by being noble or evil...
or should I say besieging then occupying Ald-ruhn or besieging then massacring and raping Ald-ruhn....

Helseth has always sought a diciplined and powerful army...
My 2 two cents, make Barenizah die, in a "accident"from Dres or Indoril, which enrages Helseth and the Legion. Maybe, since they said in Cyrodil that Slavery was obolished in Morrowind, you could make it so the Dres have hidden slave facilities? Well thats my input, so PEACE!

:bananarock:
Eh? I just wanna see Helseth get a dagger stuck in between his eyes.
nah... I would rather have Helseth accidentally fall into the Mournhold Sewers and his own goblins turn on his and rid his apart... but that is wayyy besides the topic...

so you think the Morrowind Legion should be chitinous, bonemoldish, or metallic armored?
Helseth is Imperial-ized, so metallic.
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Helseth is Imperial-ized, so metallic.
hmmm... do consider that Morrowind doesn't seem to have as big deposits of good plentiful and practical ore as other places might... though interestingly a lot of rare materials like adamantium and ebony and glass....
however sure, maybe he simply recycles old Legion steel and imports a lot...

also, should his armor be influenced by Imperial design, Dunmer design, or High Rock design?

I mention Imperial as those are the Legions he is modeling his Legion off of, Dunmer as those are his troops who might be better off in armor-styles they are more used to, and High Rock as Helseth no doubt had been influenced by his experiences in High Rock and may have gotten some good military ideas from the Orcs and Bretons....
I don't really see it being influenced by Dunmer designs... considering the Royal Guard armor has little, if any, Dunmer influence.
Pages: 1 2