Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Leadership of Elsweyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed that Arsonide hasn't checked in for a whooping seven weeks, and I heard a rumor elsewhere on the forum that he's abandoned this project. I don't know if the latter part is true or not, but even if it isn't, I'm interested to know what the team members here make of his downtime?

Since everything regarding this project (as far as silgrad.com) goes is already set up - forum boards, board design, website, you name it - I personally wouldn't mind transferring over those details to a new leader interested in picking up the reigns. Assuming the folks who view themselves as members of the Elsweyr Confederacy project would want me to, and that there's a person who wants to take charge of it.
This project has great posibilities. But if Arsonide is not interested then it does need a new leader if it is to progress seriously.

For form's sake, if someone has an address for Arsonide maybe he should be queried on this, so that there can be no quibbling later?

Even if no one comes forward now I would advocate keeping it open so that interested people can add lore, music and concept art to provide a platform for later. Who knows, maybe a talented bunch from another (overcrowded) mod will want to transfer their efforts here Wink it's happened before ('s how ST started right?)
yeah i heard about Arsonide

yes we want you to lead the elswyr confederacy :yes: :yes:
I think he's active as Arsonide on the Official Forums, thats where I saw him talking about making another mod project a few weeks ago, maybe someone should try contacting him there? Also will anyone take over leadership of Valenwood?
Well things have been rough here. Video cards died, then the washer died...we can barely afford food let alone the cash required to RMA my video card, and I'm washing clothes in a trash can. So I got a job, I get paid next Thursday and I'll try and get everything back to normal...RMA my card, buy a new washer...etc. Pretty much all I can do regarding Oblivion right now is post feedback and ideas on the TES official boards.

I'm not quite sure about Elsweyr though. My heightmap editor did some really detailed and nice work, I was getting the hang of the region editor, and then work on the heightmap slowly came to a halt about a week before my video card died. Without the heightmap there's nothing much to work with so I was kind of dismayed, then my video card died and I was plain frustrated Tongue. I can't blame the heightmap editor though, it was too much work for one person to do. The process is rather simple and I could pass on the knowledge, but it requires dedication and patience, one wrong filter can turn a smooth rolling desert into a jagged moonlike surface. It can easily be frustrating though, so I should have had one person per quadrant or something.

Regardless, even if I do get everything fixed and such, I have a fulltime job and everything now and I'm pretty exhausted on my precious moments off, so I don't know if I'm leadership capable, so whatever you guys think is good I'm good with, just tell me who wants to lead and I can pass off all of our current data and all of what I know about how to complete the rest of the mod.
Arsonide, what exactly does the region editor do? Does it lay down trees, rocks, and alchemy plants? And is it possible to create custom regions?
It can pretty much lay down anything. Statics, activators, levelled lists, textures, (even sounds I think), based on parameters you feed the generator. All of the screenshots I posted to you guys, that was the region editor's texture work, I didn't touch any of it by hand. I set any angles less than 45 degrees (flattish) to have mottled sand using a random cluster of two sand textures...then for the steeper angles I had it use rock cliffs. The illusion was that the sand was "blown" up the sand cliffs near the base of them, it looked very nice.

Yeah you can make your own custom regions, but it's a very complex task. That's what I was working on shortly before my cards blew.
I'm going to try my hand at hightmap editing, any tips or basic guidlines? And do you use the stock hightmap editor, or any external programs?
I showed Cerasine how to use photoshop to import heightmaps, which gives you a lot of freedom. He learned that using a Wacom tablet created the most realistic terrain (http://www.sighost.org/sigs/worseforeyes.jpg). We were also programming some scripts for World Machine (look that program up), to create "dunes" for us, as well as other terrain. Any generators used have to be hand tweaked in photoshop before importing them into the CS, however.

The subject is very vast and would take several hours for me to explain, but no we do not use the heightmap editor in game, it's too imprecise for practical use...unless you're just making a gigantic island or some terrain with very large features.
Thanks, Ill do my best to learn independantly, and send you a PM if I need any questions answered. Or should we do that in a thread so as to provide a resource for others hwo want to learn?
Pages: 1 2