Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: can't run oblivion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i finally got oblivion in the mail and found that my computer can't run it and my laptop falls just short. i am wondering if there is anything i could do to fix this (i am only 14 and my parents are always on me to 'get off the computer/xbox and go outside). so in other words, i have almost no funds and no support. i am wondering how much it would take to meet the rewuirments, if any one could tell me an approx. amount. OR, is there an alternative?

my prossessor (sp) is 1.72 Gigahertz, and i havew 504mb, not the required 512. any prices? like a guess?
I've heard there's a modification of sorts for players with really low-end systems. The name escapes me at the moment, but it was mentioned here a couple of days ago. Not sure if it would work for your system but it could be worth a shot.
It's called Oldblivion. Google it. I think it was made in mind for the people with lower-end video cards, though. What kind do you have?
good question. im an xboxer, so this is my first pc game. wher do i check that?

(im a noob for anyone reading)
Quote:Originally posted by Aorawn
It's called Oldblivion. Google it. I think it was made in mind for the people with lower-end video cards, though. What kind do you have?

Oh yeah, that's the one.

The RAM bit sounds a bit disturbing because it's fully possible that Oblivion is hardcoded to refuse to run if there's less than the required RAM. I don't know that it is, but that sort of thing has happened to me with other games.
you have 512 megs of ram, your video card is just taking 8 of that. Does oblivion load? If so, I know of some tricks for better preformance.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
you have 512 megs of ram, your video card is just taking 8 of that. Does oblivion load? If so, I know of some tricks for better preformance.

if your asking me - i have it so that the theme comes on and i click play, but then i am notified of an error in the game.
hmmm... It's probably your video card, might be to old to supporort it, try oldblivion, I wish you luck!
well, thanks everyone. it might be a while before i can mod but im here if you need someone to do an odd-job or something.

thehalo3god@hotmail.com
I actually think you won't be able to mod, because the CS has pretty strict requirements too....
Pages: 1 2