Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Halls of the Colossus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Halls of the Colossus rest just north of Rimmen, Elsweyr. These ancient halls were used by Tiber Septim himself for the construction of the Nimidium: the great machine he used to unite Tamriel. The Khajiit refer to the Nimidium as the "Big Walker" and seem outraged that the Empire ever put it to use. They seem to revere this thing as more than just a construct. Whatever experiments occurred during the conception and creation of this behemoth have permanently tainted the land, causing what the locals call "poisonous glow-rock."

This could be a great dungeon. Me and DarkAsmodeus dug up this little bit of lore from The Imperial Library. We think we may be able to use re-textured welkind stones for the "poisonous glow-rocks" and could probably make a pretty extensive dungeon / quest out of the location.

Also, a lot of this stuff could be up for interpretation. Here's the link if you're interested in it. It's also got a nice description of Elsweyr.

So, any ideas?
I'm thinking that we could have some "tainted skeletons" whom glow and carry diseases.
Construction? I think it's reconstruction, actually. It was already constructed by the Dwemer at Ur-Tower (yes, a Tower within a Tower).
Yes, it was first used hen the chimer becam the dunmer, however this was a piecing together of imperial and khajiit lore. But this reconstruction was not entirely faithful to the original design. We may also be able to work in referances to dagoth ur's second numidium.
Numidium was a false god, similar to the Tribunal from Morrowind, it became divine through mortal means. This process is known as apotheosis. The difference between Numidium and the Tribunal is obviously that the robot was never alive to begin with, it's a gigantic robot. Tongue

Whenever a god walks the earth, it triggers a dragon break. A dragon break is a drastic distortion of time - people giving birth to their fathers and such. The last dragon break lasted 1008 years or so. The dragon break is called the dragon break because Akatosh, god of time, the dragon...breaks. There have been two or three dragon breaks in the history of Tamriel, previous to the events of Oblivion. One of these was at Rimmen, and the green rocks were a result of whatever happened.

The Khajiit will not go near Rimmen or the Colossus, perhaps because they know of something that happened there, and it freaks them out.

Oh and the Halls of Colossus should be West of Rimmen, rather than North. The name of the town is taken literally "Rim Men" - as in it's on the northern rim of Elsweyr and no Khajiit are there, ever.

Trying to figure out what happened at Rimmen will drastically change the lore of the province, so be careful, and read up on all the posts we've had of it before, deeper in the forums.
Walk-Brass walks around and takes on human characteristics most of the time. It is the worst Tower because it went to dis-creation, whereas the other Towers (except maybe White-Gold) aided creation.
I was reading through the thread involving the two manes and the dragon break. Since the hall was the only place to have been visibly affected in the physical sense, could it have remained unchanged by the break in the time sense? could provide a way to incorporate the two manes plot line, and let the player find documentation on who the "original" one was, but still let him side with either one. Im not saying we are definately using that for the main quest, that is up to Upekkha, but it may be interesting.
The break is not really time freezing, it's more like time distorting, things still happen during the break...but I don't think anybody remembers any of it.
Yes, I understand that, but since time distortian leads to many paradox like things, I was thinking, if time were to distort the actual event that caused it to distort, it would get ...... different, so we can use that to say that the actual point of where the break came about is immune to that particualr breaks effects, because it is not capable of altering that which caused it to exist. just a thought.
We need to discuss the role this unique landmark will play in our current plans.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5