Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Welcome to our new board!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody!

I?ve finally installed the new forum software as you may clearly see. This forum will change signifficantly during the next few days by changing it?s look and feel to fit the webpage and by adding all the forum categories needed. So stop by more often within the near future to see what?s happening here or maybe to give comments and ideas here.

For all those who want to have a look at the old forum with its full content, just click the link in the archive section of this new board and you will be redirected to the old one.

Unfortunately there was no easy way to convert the database structure between the old and the new board, because we had too much hacks installed like the portal, the attachment uploading etc. so that we have to start a new one from scratch.

Regards
Valderon
Though it is all new and needs most probably some time to adjust to it looks all quite promising and the opportunities it offers are definitely worth the change.

Good luck with the work that lies ahead of you,

Greetings

Quentin
This is some nice software. Can't wait for it to get finished. Good luck!

EDIT: It will not allow me to upload my avatar either. It is 9.78 KB, a .gif, and is 98x161 aswell.
Probably not supposed to report bugs right now, but I might as well while I remember. Big Grin
Registered yesterday but didn't recieve a confirmation email. When I looked in my inbox a moment ago, 12:00 cet, it was finally there.

Check out my sig, by the way. So <size=1> doesn't mean the same thing here as it did on the old forum, it seems to mean pixel size.

size=1, the usual small text
size=8
size=10
The mail server settings were not correct yesterday, that?s why the software couldn?t sent the emails. Is fixed now. The font is indeed measured in points, not in the same way as in the old forum :]
Quote:Originally posted by Valderon
The mail server settings were not correct yesterday, that?s why the software couldn?t sent the emails. Is fixed now. The font is indeed measured in points, not in the same way as in the old forum :]

Okidoki I'm glad to hear you were able to sort the mail thing out Smile
Nice to see the board growing and getting shape.

Quote: It will not allow me to upload my avatar either. It is 9.78 KB, a .gif, and is 98x161 aswell.
Probably not supposed to report bugs right now, but I might as well while I remember.
Where did you upload it from? I got a problem as well when I tried to use the link from the old forum, but it worked smoothly when I uploaded it directly from my PC.

And would anyone mind, if I give a try on a new set of buttons? Rolleyes It won't be on the top of my to-do-list though, so don't expect anything too soon. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
Glad things are up and working. At first I couldn't get the java editor to load.

But anyway, my reason for posting here was to see if the following is an error or what. I signed up, then I was shown as logged on with my username. Afterward, I clicked the link in my email to activate the account, and it was activated. If my account wasn't activated yet, how was it that I was already logged in?
Quote: If my account wasn't activated yet, how was it that I was already logged in?
I think this somehow hard-coded in the forum software. I'd like to compare it to a club where they let you in after you filled in the application, but you're a full member after receiving our membership card only ... something like that.I hope this helped a bit.GreetingsQuentin
Thanks, I think I understand. I guess that was the reason I wasn't able to do anything like upload an avatar or post a message here. Smile
Pages: 1 2