Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [3DS] Collision: the easy way out using gundalf's exporter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Quote:Originally posted by CrazyAce
To continue this discussion I would like to ask a few more questions, I hope to get this mesh out the door asap Big Grin

Ok so before exporting the mesh, I would need to select NifProps under the utilities panel, then check Is Collision Mesh in the object rollout, Material cloth and layer Static under the havoc rollout?
Yep. Wink

Quote:Originally posted by CrazyAce
Then when I export I check Generate Strips, Export Collision, Vertex Colors, Remap Indices. Now for the Texture Prefix do I point to a folder? Like this I don?t quite understand what this is:
textures\clothes\wings

I have my wings folder containing the textures in the clothes folder.
Point it the folder where your texture is, so this looks correct.
Sweet Big Grin now I have another problem it's not showing up in game... I can buy it, but when I equip it it's not showing. So I'll head over to the CS forum and see if I did it the right way.

:EDITED:
Quote:I would need to select NifProps under the utilities panel, then check Is Collision Mesh in the object rollout, Material cloth and layer Static under the havoc rollout?
I did this to both of the separate meshes, should I have..? Also should I import the skeleton.nif file to align them?
I haven't checked this thread in a while, wondering if you've made it so objects don't have to be static.. anymore.. uh. yeah, i need to go to sleep. :p You know what I mean, though
I'm interested to know what all the layer attributes do. The initial post of the Havok Hacking thread on ESF mentions a few of them, but not many. I.e, in which cases should I use which layer.
...well i just downloaded the new plugin and i will try it out tonight, but before i install it, i have a few noobish questions, does this plugin replace the civ4 plugin or nifscope?....not sure if I should keep the civ4 plugin or uninstall it?

i am currently working on a new dungeon, still using an old version of nifscope, v8.2...i think, can't find tutorials for later versions...anyway i am changing the architecture and textures of exzisting dungeons, just using those as a template for creating new ones and obviously i am trying my utmost to remain within the original collition data, so no major changes in architecture but completely different textures, a mammoth task, but I am having fun...so far everything is working spendidly, the way light interacts with my normal maps is perfect and collition data is working as it should...i do have a minor problem tho, i notice that npc's do not cast shadows on my dungeon pieces as they do on the beth pieces..anyone got any solution to this...will the new plugin have support for this or not....maybe i'm just doing something wrong?
Hi,

first: the Plugin works fine, the collision detection is correct!

But:
If I add a collision object with more than 600 polygons, which is not very much so far, my framerate goes down under 3 fps (over 20 without). Does anybody has the same problem?

secound:

some guys have problems exporting meshes with cif4 exporter... the application crashes. I had exactly the same problem. Before exporting you have to usethe 'reset transformation' tool in max!

greets,
Christian
Quote:Originally posted by Acrobat Rieder
Hi,

first: the Plugin works fine, the collision detection is correct!

But:
If I add a collision object with more than 600 polygons, which is not very much so far, my framerate goes down under 3 fps (over 20 without). Does anybody has the same problem?

secound:

some guys have problems exporting meshes with cif4 exporter... the application crashes. I had exactly the same problem. Before exporting you have to usethe 'reset transformation' tool in max!

greets,
Christian

I've never experienced either problem. Then again do you mean polygons or faces? Because it's the latter that matters, but I can't imagine it alone would impact the FPS as much as you say it does, there's got to be something else going on too. Strange.
Everytime I try to export my clothing model, it gives me "Unknown Error". If I delete all the bones it exports but doesn't show up through Nifskope. Whats the problem?

Here's the source:
http://www.scienceofhorror.com/ff7jacket.zip
Wow! Due to a lack of tools, I stopped visiting the Oblivion sites and just focussed on pre-production of the mod I'm creating in my all too meager spare time. So I decide to come back, and Gundalf has pretty much solved everything! You are like a god amongst men, standing up there with the Niftools team, giving Bethesda the finger whilst us unwashed masses can tell them 'Sod your exporter! You're too late, Bethesda! We're gonna have the Niftools team's/Gundalf's babies instead!'

Uh, ok...right.

Anyway, with your marvelous exporter, I've been busy making collision meshes for everything I've been making so far (including one memorable occaision when I made a collision mesh out of the entire level I'd boxed out [pre-vis using boxes] from a single attached mesh...Oblivion don't like 8000 poly collision meshes Tongue) and it's been great.

BUT (you knew it was coming, didn't you) I now have a slightproblem/question. When exported and placed ingame (not in CS, this only shows up ingame) I can see my collision meshes through my actual geometry! The colision mesh is a transparent grey which 50% occludes the actual model (w/normalmap and diffuse texture) when it comes outside the mesh (I did this because the coll. mesh doens't have to conform correctly everywhere on the mesh).

So how do I fix this? Should I have the collision mesh hidden in max before I export it? Should I use a different texture than just the blank max texture? Should I do something in niftools? My epic adventure ripped-from-the-ground skycastle BrokengroundKeep needs you! Smile

Anyway, I hope someone can help me, but most of all I want to thank Gundalf and the niftools team yet again for what they have made possible; they've given the modding community the tools to go nuts Smile
Quote:Originally posted by MacD
BUT (you knew it was coming, didn't you) I now have a slightproblem/question. When exported and placed ingame (not in CS, this only shows up ingame) I can see my collision meshes through my actual geometry! The colision mesh is a transparent grey which 50% occludes the actual model (w/normalmap and diffuse texture) when it comes outside the mesh (I did this because the coll. mesh doens't have to conform correctly everywhere on the mesh).

So how do I fix this? Should I have the collision mesh hidden in max before I export it? Should I use a different texture than just the blank max texture? Should I do something in niftools? My epic adventure ripped-from-the-ground skycastle BrokengroundKeep needs you! Smile

I'm 98% sure that if you see your collision mesh ingame or in the CS then it is not set up right. The only times I've seen my collision meshes are when I forgot to tick the checkbox in the NifProps parameters rollout (on the Tools panel).

The material settings doesn't matter, because if it's set up right then it'll always be rendered invisible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20