Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Five exterior claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'd like to offer up five exterior claims for your perusal. The jist of it is to "fill in" missing parts of the city, mostly at your discretion. You can mod a park, a lake, or more probable - a neighbourhood with Redoran homes. There's two reasons I'd like other folks to do these cells.

One is that cities simply become more interesting when more than one mind is at work, because a fresh perspective can provide new and varied solutions - a way of doing things that is just as good, but more interesting simply because it's different, and comes from another person's creativity.

Two is that I'm strapped for time since I'm up to my neck in various model-related matters, and will mostly continue to be for the foreseeable future. I'm not complaining, because I love to work on models, but it doesn't leave as much time for pure modding as I sometimes wish. Even with these claims there's many areas of the town that needs finetooling and others that are completely empty.

The maps I've attached below often differs from what you might be seeing when checking out the Alpha, because I took them from the version of the mod I work on locally. If you drop an object in the world and the cell number corresponds with what's printed on the map, you can be sure it's the right cell.

Because my local version differs from the last public esm, I'll PM you a copy of the most current version so you can be sure your claimed cells won't change (heightwise) when a new public version is released.

All the cells have those sticks on them, but not all screenshots show them. The sticks are a reminder for me not to touch anything in those cells. After you've started a plugin dependant on the esm I'd send, you can begin by deleting those sticks in your cells.

It's a good idea to leave a bit of room around the borders of your claim so I can try to make a smooth transition between your cells and the ones around them, but you don't have to follow that very carefully. It depends on how much you, or sometimes your neighbouring claimant, change the landscape height. You can change the heights some if you want, but it's a good idea to keep the height changes from affecting neighbouring cells.

Try to keep the face count for any cell between 200,000 and 300,000. If you playtest it might very well run okay at 500,000 but that's probably because there aren't any NPCs walking around (or you have a supercomputer).

If you want to give me a list of what you think the interior claims for the buildings should be, I'll incorporate it into the future claims maps.

Don't mod in any other worldspace than "ReichParkeepREAL" Tongue
I'll claim one, I don't know what I'll do with it yet.

I'll take 3,1 and 3,2. I might not use 3.2, but I'm just taking it just incase.
Quote:Originally posted by X23
I'll claim one, I don't know what I'll do with it yet.

I'll take 3,1 and 3,2. I might not use 3.2, but I'm just taking it just incase.

No, each picture shows one claim, and picking up one of the claims means doing all the cells of that claim. That's why I tried to get variation in the claims' sizes. Exterior Claim #3 might be better suited to how much free time you feel you can spend?
I would like to claim the fourth image. I think I'll play with the terrain and make it look pretty, and then let that determine what structures and such I put down. Be it a park or a suburb.

BTW what is the button to show cell boundaries?

EDIT: I'd also like to claim the cells in the fifth image, if thats ok.

EDIT (again): can I go after the 3rd pic too? I figure I might as well get creative and take the big area, since nobody else is really claiming
I like your ideas. Sure, go right ahead :goodjob:

The key is "B".
Thanks, where in the CS can I find waterfalls? I've looked with little luck.
I would like to claim the 2nd one (-1,5+0,5) please. Smile =) Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
I would like to claim the 2nd one (-1,5+0,5) please. Smile =) Big Grin

Great! :check: Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Ok, i'm not sure if I did this right. It won't work without the ESM and when I put it on it destroyed cheydinhall and who knows what else. How do I send the mod to you?
Make it dependant on the esm. It affects Cheydinhal.
We almost solved this problem. But that's for a later version.

For playing use the esp.

Post your pre final file on the claims board. Create a new thread (indicating your claim).
Pages: 1 2 3 4