Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Music video inspired Bethesda?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[blockquote]"He's strolling around on a pleasant field, but then suddenly he finds himself teleported to a very different, dark and dangerous world. Black clouds fill the sky, and in the distance - an ominous, slender tower. He enters to find a spiral staircase leading upward. When he pulls a lever (rope), an object comes tumbling down from above."[/blockquote]

Sounds like TES4's player character entered the Realm of Oblivion and proceeded to the citadel, right? In fact, it's a long sequence taken from Creed's music video "With Arms Wide Open". The similarities are quite striking, aren't they? I wonder if the video served as an inspiration (to say it kindly) ?
:pop: cool...

When did this music video come out?

edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CtsKc9yRX9Y&m...ide%20Open
that's the link to youtube
Creed sounds short for Creedance (As in Creedance Clearwater revival) but it isn't.

It kinda reminds me of Oblivion, but a big tower with traps isn't really new or original.
I turned off the sound cause I couldn't stand the music, but even then the guys face still annoyed me. Looks like someone just killed his kitten and he's about to cry lol. The description sounds more like oblivion than the actual video, but yes it does have some resemblance heh
Damn Creed! Secretly exposing us to Christian rock, and us not noticing for ages even with a name like theirs! :bitch:
'Course they are a Christian rock band, like "3 Doors Down" and "Live". Their hit "Higher" is all about heaven and about creating a better world through Christian values.
Really bad song, but when was it released? In YouTube it was uploaded 20 November 2005....
lol christian rock. All Christian rock sucks. Thank god I've had the luck not to have heard them before.
Funny you never hear any Catholic rock bands... Though I suppose a lot of their messages wouldn't go down too well amongst the general populace... anyhoo, stepping away fromn religion, dangerous subject.
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Really bad song, but when was it released? In YouTube it was uploaded 20 November 2005....

Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed_(band)
Human Clay, 1999 album #1 US (RIAA: 11 Million), #29 UK, #2 AUS
# "With Arms Wide Open", 2000 single #1 US, #13 UK, #4 AUS

I don't really like it either...
Pages: 1 2