Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Look lively seargant!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I playtested the mod yesterday and thought I'd check out the Velothi interior. Some distance into it I was reminded I was playing a rather weak wizard and made a break for it. Outside and into the South Imperial District, and imagine my horror when they chased me *into* the city! I didn't think creatures could cross worldspaces, hehe... but they did. And promptly started killing townsfolk.

It was pretty funny Big Grin

But I think we need to beef up the security a bit, so I wanted to ask if someone is up for modding more city guards? Preferrably with full AI. The only question I can think of is where they would sleep, but perhaps you can add a placeholder AI behaviour for that and we can take another look at the situation once every location in the Imperial Districts have been modded. Any 'leftovers' could perhaps sleep in the castle, or we could add a basement to the main guardhouse in the SID.

What do you guys think?
I can expand the Rpc02 for the extra guards.

As I recall there is also space in the castle to add more sleeping accomodations.

EDIT

The basement for the guardhouse is perhaps the best solution.
#02 was the Dragon Legion barracks, right? Might be strange to accomodate them there I think. Back when I set it up I had a hunch there would be a risk of the player thinking they were one and the same so I think it could be a good idea to play into the differences. With the DL being soldiers paid by the Empire to keep the city from falling into enemy hands (in case Morrowind tries to claim independence), while the city guard are essentially townspeople paid, fed and clad by Baron Remo to keep the peace and maintain the economy so his income is secure.

But in hindsight it's probably best to take a step back on the guard situation in either case and I can take a really good look at it once the other parts of the town are set up and the priority models are finished. I'll have nothing but time by then to plow into the finer details of our beloved city. Big Grin
Why not instead of having more Redoran guards patrolling the town you could have "Mercs", hired to help bolster the city's strength in these dangerous times, that way you wouldn't have to worrry about a place for them to sleep, as they could be common people sleeping at taverns, homes, and on the street. It would definitely add flavor to the mod, and make Soluthis a memorable place, really, how many mods have you played where there are mercenaries on guard duty?
Another sleeping spot (though I haven't finished modding it) could be the fortified East Guardtower. The basement has many beds. It has food, storage, training rooms, armor and weapons. Also, it is secured and defensible. My concept was a sleeping area during a siege/final fallback position/location for visiting support troops to sleep. Was designing it for temporary living, but I can make it more permanent.

-Tu
There are also towers at rpc01 (I haven't modded them yet, but it's a matter of time), I can put some beds there.
The mercs solution is being proposed already (for a Redorans resist resist the Nordic Invasion via the Ancient Gate quest), so it seems that this is a popular solution atm - giving opportunities to test the loyalties of the mercs (who are usually thought to be the first to run when the going gets tough!)
The ones I mention above are imperial guards, guarding the two Imperial Districts. Smile