Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: A problem we might run into...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Although I haven't begun work here yet as I'm still doing my other mod, I have run into a problem that I'm prety sure Skyrim is going to have aswell. You know the fast-travel map for Cyrodiil? Well, I think it might just be hardcoded. Sure, the options are there in the editor, but from my many experiments, the only way that a map seems to work is if it is named cyrodiil_resized.dds, and is for the Tamriel worldspace.

This thread on the ESF details it a little bit more, but basically if you want to see for yourself, try renaming the three cyrodiil_resized.dds files from the various folders, and then assigning them to the Tamriel worldspace in the editor. There's no differece in the files the4mselves other than the name, and yet there is no map in the game. Also, using cryodiil_resized.dds as the map for a different worldspace also gives you no in-game map.

I've tried everything I can think of, and contacted devs (with no response), so I've come to the estimated guess that it's hardcoded, which... sucks, big time.

I just thought I would make you aawre of this problem now so that you don't waste as much time as I did before realising it.
Hey, thanks for bringing this up. If you're right that could be a major problem for us. Though all I'm really concerned about is the lack of an ingame map, the heck with fast travel, we can set our own system up.

EDIT: I moved this from the Skyrim for Oblivion Boards to the Silgrad FAQ board, since this concerns all our projects.
Exactly the same with my mod, I couldn't care any less about fast travel, I just wanted people to be able to see where they were in the menu instead of looking at Cyrodiil.
We made it work.
Quote:Originally posted by Sload Lord
We made it work.
How?
well either Tamriel-Rebuiltians spill the beans or us Skyrimians and Silgradiilics and Blacklighters and Vvardenfellians and Black Marshians and Elsewyrics and possibly the Valenwoodmen will need to find out how...
cause this is extremely important to us to know how to get around that
afterall I want the character to be able to view different provincial maps...
Don't ask me, I did the CS stuff. I'll ask the dudes who actually made the test map and told me where to put it if they ran into a name bug.

What I can do is tell you how to change the dimensions of the map in hte CS, but that's easy to figure out.

EDIT: And I never tried any other worldspace.
well anything you can help find out for us will be greatly appreciate Sload Lord, thank you :bow:
We could have a Morrowind style transportation system... Speaking of which, how are the horses going to be able to cross into another province? As far as I know, they are restricted to Cyrodil's worldspace...
If we were to tell the game that changing provinces is like fast traveling we should be fine, because horses fast travel with the player, but then that brings up the possibility of the player not being able to change provinces if they have a fast travel disabler.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5