Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Factions of Elsweyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Every province should have their own factions and relevant quests. I'd like to explain some of my ideas:

Fighters' Guild of Elsweyr: A branch of the Fighters' Guild we all know... Except this branch seems to take any job, including the drug trade, and for political figures at that. Will include completely ordinary quests like killing pests and stuff.

Mages' Guild of Elsweyr: A branch of the Mages' Guild. With all the fuss over the manes, the Mages' Guild couldn't seem to care less. They are currently researching a cure for Skooma addiction... But there's a darker secret involving evil experiments deep within the guildhalls...

Elsweyr Thieves' Guild: Thieves. But the Thieves' Guild is interested in more than just the Skooma trade, but just what is it? Some say there is a magical artifact deep in the desert that may be used to advance their interests, but it backfired and now the spirits of the ancient peoples of Elsweyr want their revenge.

Dark Brotherhood: Handles the assassinations in Elsweyr. Perhaps they may even be hired by certain key political figures to kill any opposition to the claims of their manes...

Imperial Legion: Some day, the legions will have to crack down on drug smuggling. Unfortunately, this is causing a lot of tension between the manes and the legion...

Imperial Cult: Poverty has always been an issue in Elsweyr. The Imperial Cult devotes itself to setting things right by balancing the rich and the poor... But how far will they go? Thievery? Drug Trade?

(Khajiit religion): Will have more info as we learn more about the Khajiit.

Kukulza:

Sugar-Lords:
a criminal syndicate made up of pirates and smugglers who keep the drug trade going?

Renrijra Krin: Khajiiti terrorists who seek to retake the Leyawiin area (which will also allow Khajiit control of the Nibenay Mouth)

No-quin-al Tribes:
These are barbaric nomads of the Elsewyr desert and want to expand their lands.

Guard Guild:
Rich Khajiiti trade-princes need proffesional protection against thugs and angry mobs as well as assassins

So, what do you think? However, I think there should be a limit of the number of guilds, so maybe we should have around the TES3 number...
Sugar-Lords:
a criminal syndicate made up of pirates and smugglers who keep the drug trade going?
Renrijra Krin:
Khajiiti terrorists who seek to retake the Leyawiin area (which will also allow Khajiit control of the Nibenay Mouth)
No-quin-al Tribes:
These are barbaric nomads of the Elsewyr desert and want to expand their lands.
Guard Guild:
Rich Khajiiti trade-princes need proffesional protection against thugs and angry mobs as well as assassins

how about these as well?
I have one to add.

Freelance theives: An organization of theives that don't want to join the Elsweyr theives guild. They are in direct rivalry with the theives guild, and that sometimes deevolves to fighting between them.

Make sure these organizations actually interact with eachother. One thing would be cool that organizatiosn didn't let you in if you were in a certain faction the Dark Brotherhood wouldn't let you in if you were in the Imperial guard. Alot of factions wouldn't let you in if you were in the DB. Freelance theives wouldn't let you join if you were in the theives guild or vice versa. And other thinsg. Those are just examples.
Well, I don't like limiting the guilds that the player can join. However, the guilds should have good/bad relations with one another. Just for disposition and services.

Though for the idea pf having certain guilds unjoinable if you're in a certain faction is what I'd like to see for an Elsweyr-equivilant of the Morrowind Great Houses. Maybe Khajiit tribes? I don't know, but we should learn more about the Khajiit before making those guilds.

For the freelance thieves, they could be the Sugar-Lords? That would be interesting, though I don't think the Sugar-Lords should be joinable. What do you think?
Well if a bunch of factions are unjoinable the first time you play, it encourages them to replay the game. If you can do everything on the first playthrough the player will play the game less.

Sugar lords is a good idea, but its different from my idea, and should be joinable.
Kukulzas other suggestions are very good too, and shoulld be joinable. The more joinable factions the better.
Maybe we should do a poll to see different peoples' opinions? I'll start one right now.
I say we wait on makng a definate decision until we know more about how we will make the khajiit culture.
maybe a khajiit Arena?? just an idea.. maybe with some quest about th renjiira krin (or something) thats want to kill some1 important of leyawin who is watching the arena and the you need to protect them ??? :wtf:
That's a good idea, but words won't be able to become actions until we are a little more deep into the mod. Thanks for the input though.
Yes, I'm afraid our minds are much faster than our progress. We are advancing, and an extra brain, or set of hands is always useful.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7