Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: travel thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i have been thinking about some things in the travel systems in the game.

these are some things i think would be cool, though i do not know what is possible or reasonible with modding. my computer doesn't run the game, so i won't know for a while either. so again, if it doesnt work i was just throwing it out.

silt strider
- i think silt strider ports should have multiple silt striders, because if we leave it at one per city that logically doesn't work.
- i also think that there are more options in travel, in that i mean you can go to more than 4 cities from where you are at.
- i also think that the more the man at the port likes you, the more places you can go.
- i also think that there should be silt striders walking around as you go through the game.

ship
- i think the same things about distance of travel, number of boats, and the in-game transporting of items and npc's.
Your whole point is a bit off, because I think we will still include fast-travel. Though offcourse Silt Strider ports would be fun....

Silt Strider
- I think Silt Strider ports should have multiple silt striders, because if we leave it at one per city that logically doesn't work.
: It's true, if we create Silt Striders, we need more of them in one city
- I also think that there are more options in travel, in that I mean you can go to more than 4 cities from where you are at.
: There was a Morrowind mod which already included that, so yeah
- I also think that the more the man at the port likes you, the more places you can go.
: That's really stupid. Imagine you were a ferry-man and you needed to make money, would you say : "NO, I WON'T take you there because I DON'T LIKE YOU!"?
- I also think that there should be silt striders walking around as you go through the game.
: Remember, Silt Striders are v?ry rare, so yeah, it would be cool but they should be in very little numbers.
No, we're not gonna have any Beam-Me-Up-Scotty insta-travel.
Quote:Originally posted by Axen

Unless you/they say "Beam me up scotty"
Quote:Originally posted by X23
Quote:Originally posted by Axen

Unless you/they say "Beam me up scotty"
Just because Patrick Stewart was a voice actor doesn't mean this is Star Trek.
I dunno I liked the Silt Striders, giant fleas. The operators where good to, "Why walk why you can ride?". Well I'm gonna take the morrowind mesh for Silt Striders and see what I can do with it (If anything) so we still want the giant flea/tick look right?

:bananarock:
Can't do that. You're still using Bethesda's assets.
So thats-a-no-ago, eh? Well then that idea is out....

Update (double posting at the same time, hehe wanna get my post up) I plan to make ALL the mages guild link together for fast travel, at least for me, that means you can be in the Arcane University, then pop up in the Balmora Guild of Mages, if anyone wants me to maybe add it to the official mod its welcome, but I'm going to do it for myself, none the less.

no it's good.... and that's an idea I'll present to the mod-leaders of other mods...
maybe the Arcane University can teleport to the most secure guilds on each district... like Stormhold, Balmora, Silgrad, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3