Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: esm+esp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
esm is for modding, esp is for playing. It's because RP.esm affects oblivion.esm.
2 things that affect - contamination (bruma fighters guild) and portal to RP

I think it's possible not to have 2 versions - .esp and .esm of large size (not large atm, but they will be). If we:
1. remove portal and contamination from .esm
2. make new esp, dependent on esm, which will contain only portal.

Then player have to mark esp and esm to play, esp will be about few kbs, and esm won't affect oblivion.esm

what do you think?
ESM = Elder Scrolls Master File

ESP = Elder Scrolls Plug-in File

It is possible to convert the esm back into an esp and then make the necessary changes from there (i.e. marking as ignored).

Unfortunately, that may affect what the player is testing. Though what you could do is make the portal and contamination into yet another esm, and that way, the two would be plug-ins wouldn't interact. Good idea, HeIsDarkness!
I've thought of this before. I was going to do it so i could test my entrances to the sewers.
Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
.. remove portal and contamination from .esm

Did you try that and tested the file ?
let us know if it works.
I tested it, by making the portal link to a cell added by the esp, which led to Reich parkeep. If I enable and go to an exterior I get the falling through the ground problem.

I'm trying other things too.
I'll test it today. Just wanted to know - maybe anyone tried it.

X23, did you remove the portal from RP.esm?
Did you test it ? As it is important for Reich Parkeep and Silgrad city.
Not yet, will try today probably
Thanks, if I can help let me know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4