Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Fun Factor in Quests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is something I have noticed in Oblivion quests. By now, a lot of quests I do in Oblivion are kill this or retrieve this. I find no joy in those kind.
When you have to torture someone, or burn something, or betray someone, or shoot an arrow into an impossible target, then its cool. You can do all those things in Oblivion, but they hard to come by.
Can anybody think of some intriguing quest ingredients that would spice up the general quest?

I have a few starting ideas.
1) Keep rich idiot from being killed by traps by throwing yourself in the way
2) Get high on hist sap and see crazy stuff
3) talk to a plant
4) be a boat captain
5) drinking contest

What ideas you guys got?
6) a living dungeon
7) a spell casting house cat khajiit playing pranks
8) Set up traps to defend a keep
i hate to be one of those guys, but i always look at what the quests were in fallout, and the trend usually was, consequences. make different ways of getting things done, or you can have the option of totally screwing over whoever gave you the quest in the first place if your really playing the asshole. i think in a black marsh mod there should be lots of chances for deceit and trickery of all kinds. and traps totally agree with the traps.
(9) Indiana jones dungeougen dodge the darts,Evil boulders jump a deep pit and then run/Stealth past around 50 native argonians.
10) Mistaken Identity,

For example, a group of individuals thinks your someone immportant to them (maybe it good be an evil society like cultists or something) and they'll kill you if they find out who you really are (the player would have to be trapped in some way, constant surveilance/in a room or series of room with guarded exits) and the real person is on his way back. So you have to escape the bad people or find a way to kill the person your impersonating and adopt his/her habits and permanantly take over. Maybe as a twist there could be people involved that know you and could reveal your identity.

I almost fleshed out a good quest there, lol. I'd just like to see something of that sort in Oblivion.
Quote:Originally posted by Mr_NineBall
10) Mistaken Identity,

For example, a group of individuals thinks your someone immportant to them (maybe it good be an evil society like cultists or something) and they'll kill you if they find out who you really are (the player would have to be trapped in some way, constant surveilance/in a room or series of room with guarded exits) and the real person is on his way back. So you have to escape the bad people or find a way to kill the person your impersonating and adopt his/her habits and permanantly take over. Maybe as a twist there could be people involved that know you and could reveal your identity.

I almost fleshed out a good quest there, lol. I'd just like to see something of that sort in Oblivion.
:goodjob:
11) Imperial N'wah

A Quest to graffiti an Imperial base,how this could work im not sure,maybe you can use the painting animation on the exterior/interior walls? and then a graffiti text on the wall appears saying ''How do you like dem' apples!'' or some other text, couldnt think of what to write,so tired from that damn cricket.
This thread makes a good point, but I think that the discussion here is now very much dead (and long fossilised).
Archived.