Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Forum Wishlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The place to pitch requests to Valderon for new forum features [Image: icon18.gif]

Here are mine.
1: I'd really like something similar to ESF's snapback function. When a poster quotes someone, a link is added to the bottom of the quote; when the link is clicked, the reader jumps to the original post in the original thread where the quote is taken from. It's very handy and a good way to avoid confusion. So instead of having to write "Stagaba posted this on the old forum:" and all that, one can just put that link in the snapback of the quote.

2: A page that displays one particular post, probably by having a "postid" in the url. Very useful for situations when you don't want to clutter your post with a bunch of quotes, but still wants the reader to be able to quickly find those posts. For example:
"He said this in that post, but she said that in that post! So what's the deal?"

3: I kindof think the information box to the left of posts is too long. Especially as the cell width of a post's text is about twice as wide as on the old forum, it creates a lot of unnecessary whitespace. It's just an aesthetic thing and so it's not very important, but still. Perhaps "Registration Date", "Post Count", "Location" and "My Gallery" could be moved to the box below the post? Alternatively make the main cell less wide (or use a larger font, either way works). Or, one could add a right sidebar to the post that holds the stuff from the bottom cell as well as the extra data from the left sidebar. Does any of those ideas sound good?

4: I kindof think the bright yellow color is a bit garish. Burns my eyes after awhile and makes it hard to focus on what I'm writing. The old forum is much more soothing to look at in that respect. Are there any plans for members to be able to customize how the forum is presented to them?
On what RW posted -

3) I agree with him to an extent. I think Registration Date should stay, but should change to -
August 1, 2003 instead of - 08.01.03. It gives it a more official feel, and it's much easier to read and comprehend. I also think that the Post count should stay where it's at as well. The Member Location should be removed completely, and should only be viewable in the members list and the profile.

4) I don't know where he sees any Yellow, but I'm assuming he means the off-white color of the text box, the subject box, and the List of Forums of where you're at(up at the top - Silgrad Tower - Oblivion >> General >> The Tavern >> Forum Wishlist >> Post Reply). This could be darkened a little, and the beige (no idea how to spell it - pronounced bayge, or baysh) colored boxes (icons - username) should be changed to a diff. color. I think we should only have 3 colors, 4 at maximum, and right now we have 5 that produce an ugly effect.
It would be nice if the "Who was online" panel on the portal could be like "Last online" on the old forum, displaying several days back... It would also be fun to have some more smileys Tongue
Smilies, definitely. Big Grin Though I think their priority status is rather low. Wink

I'd like to see the old rank system established, I really liked it and we're missing the Honorary members and Birthday Kids.

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Smilies, definitely. Big Grin Though I think their priority status is rather low. Wink

I'd like to see the old rank system established, I really liked it and we're missing the Honorary members and Birthday Kids.

Greetings

Quentin

I take it you have access to the mod panel (as I have)? There's an option there to add smilies, if you want to.

:alert: EDIT :alert:

Anyway; here they are :check:
:wave:

As you're admin I'm sure your version of the mod panel lets you add user groups as well Smile

Edit: After almost 1? year at the old forum, my gut instint is to click on the right-most button to get to the forum portal page Tongue ...anyone else feel that way, or is it just me?
:applause: :goodjob:
Quote: I take it you have access to the mod panel (as I have)? There's an option there to add smilies, if you want to.

[...]

As you're admin I'm sure your version of the mod panel lets you add user groups as well

Since Valderon and you are already setting up things, I decided that it would be wise not to meddle around as well even though the power is mine. Wink Too many cooks spoil the pap as an old German saying goes.

But it's nice to those familiar 'faces'.:elk:

Greetings

Quentin
:crown:
Could you please extend the parsing table of the wbb to parse [STRIKE]...[/STRIKE] as <strike>...</strike>?
Its harmless as <i> or <b> and formats the text between as striketrough text.

No haste needed on that, as Razorwing showed me a workaround on how to mark outdated text, but if you are by occasion modifieing the forum database, it would be nice if you could add it.
Quote:Originally posted by The Nerevarine
Could you please extend the parsing table of the wbb to parse [STRIKE]...[/STRIKE] as <strike>...</strike>?
Its harmless as <i> or <b> and formats the text between as striketrough text.

No haste needed on that, as Razorwing showed me a workaround on how to mark outdated text, but if you are by occasion modifieing the forum database, it would be nice if you could add it.

I'll have to defer that to Valderon or Quentin, as I can't access that feature.
Pages: 1 2